The Iron County Medical Care Facility (ICMCF) seeks part-time Dietary Aides/Cooks to join their team in Crystal Falls, Michigan.
To succeed, you must possess an ability to take direction and work safely in a professional kitchen environment. This position requires flexibility to cover kitchen duties which include working as a dietary aide or cook as assigned.
- Prepare and assist with meal preparation according to menu plans, recipes, therapeutic needs, and eating schedules; obtain food and required supplies.
- Serve meals in accordance with quantity specifications.
- Assist in ordering, checking, and storage of supplies.
- Assist in loading food carts and washing dishes.
- Carry out instructions of supervisors.
- Participate in in-service programs, as required.
- Cook: When working as a Cook, the starting wage is $14.90 per hour with increase to $15.27 after 6 months.
- Dietary Aide: When working as a Dietary Aide, the starting wage is $14.63 per hour with increase to $15.04 after 6 months.
Position offers a $2,000 sign-on bonus (after one year of employment), medical, dental, vision, pension plan, short-term disability, paid vacation, paid sick time, life insurance, a uniform allowance, and shift differentials. Hours worked in excess of 8 consecutive hours are paid at time and one-half.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS POSITION.
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- 2 years’ experience working in a restaurant or with quantity food preparation including at least 1 year as a cook.
- Experience with cooking and/or food preparation in a healthcare setting helpful.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with a professional demeanor that ensures trust and competence amongst peers and geriatric patients.
- Ability to manage and prioritize tasks.
- Maintain a high level of personal hygiene and cleanliness.
- Ability to physically and mentally carry out the functions of this position which includes working in a kitchen environment with exposure to hot and cold temperatures and standing for extended periods of time.
SOUND LIKE YOU? Take the next step and apply online at icmcf.hirescore.com
Learn more about ICMCF at ironcountymcf.com