At Mercantile Bank of Michigan, we are dedicated to our Customers, Employees and Communities. Our exceptional team members are committed to maintaining an environment of personal growth and development while providing professional and personalized service to customers and supporting our diverse communities. Employees are our most valuable asset! If you have an interest in joining a team that operates with INTEGRITY, DISCIPLINE and PURPOSE, consider Mercantile Bank as a potential employer.
Commercial Loan Support Specialist I
As a Commercial Loan Support Specialist, you will help Commercial Lenders and Commercial Administrative Assistants in a number of different ways. You will take ownership of various administrative tasks that are required to be done on a regular basis. The work that you do will contribute to the customer experience. You will interact with customers and many Mercantile employees.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (May include the following. Other duties may be assigned.)
- Compile and distribute important reports to management on a daily/weekly/monthly basis.
- Work Paid Note Statements on a weekly basis to maintain collateral and stay compliant with discharge deadlines.
- Monitor internet advances and proactively communicate compliance with borrowing formulas to Lenders daily.
- Process all commercial loan advances, payments, transfers and credit card payments as requested by phone, e-mail, fax or Lender request.
- Learn 360 View system be able to open, close, reassign incidents
- Order UCC lien searches, Certificates of Good Standing, search VIN's to verify lien holder in Michigan.
- Work with Lenders and AA to resolve loan documentation exceptions.
- Call Insurance companies to obtain current evidence of insurance documentation on active collateral.
- Work with Lenders and AA to coordinate discharge of loan collateral and prepare/review collateral release packages.
- Book new and renewed commercial loans according to department standards.
- Deliver and retrieve workflow (loans, files, documents etc.) to/from File Room.
- Be familiar with iLien; the UCC recording and tracking system.
- Scan or import all commercial loan documents.
- Index loan documents from the AA work queue in Phoenix to the corresponding customer file.
- Record all mortgage documents both online (e-Prepare) and through the US mail to the various counties.
- Track all documents mailed out for recording on the Mortgage & UCC Recording Log in Excel.
- Process a TMS transaction for all online recording fees on the next business day following the online recording.
- Process dual control verification steps for overdraft decisions.
- Prepare/submit invoices to accounting and be able to locate statements/notices, transactions, documents/images and reports in the Director application.
- Make copies of correspondence or other printed materials.
- Cashier's check preparation.
- Transfer documentation with the Collateral Vault and Loan Operations/Adjustments departments daily.
- Answer incoming departmental calls and screen calls for proper handling.
- Compose and type correspondence, consisting of letters, memos, etc.
- Sort and distribute both the US and inner office mail daily.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- 1-3 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Basic knowledge of typing and computer programs such as Microsoft Office Works.
- Excellent customer service/phone skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
We believe embracing human diversity makes us a better bank. We know it makes us better people.
Employees with dissimilar backgrounds, perspectives, opinions and lifestyles help us understand the motivations and desires of our many different customers. Thus, we will strive to maintain a workforce that reflects the increasing diversity of the communities we serve by ensuring equal employment opportunity for all persons without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex/gender (including gender identity), national origin, age, height, weight, disability, medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, disabled or Vietnam era veteran, other forms of military status, marital status, or other protected characteristics.d