Job Title: IT Support Technician
Department: Information Technology
Reports To: Information Technology Manager
Location: Granco Clark and Olympian Tool as needed
Maintain the company’s existing technological infrastructure while supporting all end users in their everyday IT related needs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Priority Level 1
- Help Desk - take reports about problems and find solutions for those problems.
- Accessibility – remain accessible by cell phone, Teams and email when out of the office.
Priority Level 2
- Consumables Inventory Management - maintain a readily available stock of commonly used consumable items. Examples: toner cartridges, print heads, ink cartridges, label cartridges, ribbons, cabling, etc.
- Non-critical Repair - repair of any hardware or software that is not of a critical nature.
- Software Fixes - locate software fixes, document fixes in current standard usage, test fixes, apply fixes.
- Windows Updates – Ensure that available Windows updates are viable and applied to servers and workstations company wide.
Priority Level 3
- Upgrade Implementation - configuration, documentation, and implementation of modern hardware and software.
- Directory Services Maintenance - maintain current user information in the necessary directory services. Examples: mail server user list, domain user list.
- Work Instruction Creation - create detailed documentation describing standard procedures.
- Configuration Management - document all configuration settings for software and hardware
- Asset Management - maintain information on all hardware and software components. Examples: warranty information, identification tagging, data entry.
- Suggestions for Continuous Improvement - thought should always be given to the improvement of IT processes.
- Technical Education - education of technology users as necessary as well as sharing of technical information with other IT personnel.
Other duties may be assigned.
- problem diagnosis and solution skills
- technical writing skills
- interpersonal communication skills
- public speaking skills
- analytical thinking skills
- reading comprehension skills
- organizational skills
- computer science skills
- operating systems skills
- computer hardware familiarity
- networking skills
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High school graduate.
- Bachelor’s degree specializing in Computer Science or related work experience
Granco Clark Inc. offers a competitive salary based on experience, an excellent working environment, and growth opportunities.
Please note that we are a Drug-Free Workplace and you will be required to pass a background check. Any offer of employment is strictly contingent on the candidate's ability to take and pass the required drug test within 24 hours of the first offer of employment and to pass a background check. Failure to take the required drug test within 24 hours or failure to pass the required drug test or background check will immediately void any offer of employment made by Granco Clark.