Gordon Food Service Store Division has an opening for a Technical Support Administrator. This position supports the Gordon Food Service Stores and HQ technical environments. In this role, you will be responsible for second level software and hardware support. You'll provide solutions related to Application and OS (Operating System) event management and will have the opportunity to engineer solutions to be used by first level users of the applications.
Day to Day Role:
- Provides customer service to internal customers including store management teams and regional support teams for first level support for software and hardware issues.
- Monitors all systems for stability.
- Diagnoses and resolves customer issues, concerns, and inquiries in a timely manner; collaborates with others as needed to investigate, test, and develop solutions.
- Effectively communicates customer issues and concerns to the appropriate people.
- Tracks all contacts, actions, and responses in database.
- Coordinates service requests with chosen service providers.
- Order equipment and install new hardware and software for new stores.
- Configure networks RF, routers, and switches.
- Assist in the beta design/testing of new software and documentation.
- Supports stores through the equipment depot program.
- Support Telecommunication Equipment in a retail store setting. Including the CAD design of the low voltage wiring attributes for new stores and other projects, including the RFP processes to the low voltage contractors.
- Manage vendor's performance to ensure all work meets quality requirements and services are provided in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Manage projects as assigned, including vendor management, asset management and procurement of asset approved via expense or capital planning.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Associate's degree in Computer Science or related IT discipline, preferred
- 2 years of technical administration/help desk (or related) experience
- The ability and flexibility to work off-hours and weekends on rotation
- Linux/Unix Administration experience, preferred
- Window Server and Client OS & Hardware Experience
- Point of Sale Hardware & Software Experience (IBM/Toshiba would be beneficial)
- Level 1 Scripting Abilities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Phone Systems installation & maintenance
- Network LAN & WAN installation and support
- Supporting wireless devices knowledge of MDM (Mobile Device Management)