The Quality Engineer is responsible to ensure customer requirements are planned and implemented during the purchasing, inspection, and launching of products. The Quality Engineer works closely with Programs, Operations, and Engineering to identify problems, investigate causes and recommend/implement solutions that improve product quality and production efficiency. The Quality Engineer focuses on identifying trends that adversely affect the quality of products, driving timely and sustainable improvements through the effective application of problem solving methodologies and tools.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Quality Requirements
- Uses high level competency of industry specifications (IPC, J-STD, AS, ISO, Mil-STD, etc.) and practices to flow customer contractual requirements to all departments.
- Supports internal QMS efficiency and ensures compliance with AS and ISO standards.
- Process Validation
- Participates in new product introductions and validates processes through Quality Assurance Control.
- Identifies control methods for manufacturing processes by performing and updating FMEAs.
- Issue Identification
- Participates with core teams using structured process improvement methodology to identify opportunities for improvement by monitoring key performance metrics.
- Using statistical methods, identify and monitor critical manufacturing processes, raising the alarm when necessary and implementing solutions and countermeasures to ensure consistent production of quality products.
- Problem Solving
- Utilizes problems solving methodologies to determine root causes of problems and implement effective and sustainable solutions.
- Participates as an essential member of the Corrective Action team. Consistently uses the Corrective Action Request (CAR) process to address and solve issues.
- Verifies effectiveness of problem resolution by monitoring production performance after solution implementation.
- Gains and maintains professional and technical expertise by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, benchmarking state-of-the-art practices, and participating in professional societies.
- BS Degree in Engineering or related field,
- Quality certification, strongly preferred
- Experience in lean six sigma manufacturing environment, preferred
- Experience utilizing Lean Six Sigma tools (FMEA, Fishbone, 5 Why, 8D, Value Stream Map, Process Flow, A3, etc.)
- Experience using Quality tools and practices
- Excellent Problem Solving, Statistical and Analytical skills
- Excellent computer skills. Expert proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills