Herman Miller Group is building a customer-centric, digitally enabled business model to reshape the way our family of brands does business. We're driving new revenue growth and creating frictionless internal processes through our innovative solutions, and we need a Data Engineer to help us get there!
In this position, you'll be responsible for the movement and integration of data within our Live Platform system. Herman Miller's Live Platform seeks to be the global leader in aggregated workplace insights and knowledge that inform how our customers optimize their workplace strategy and deliver great places to work.
Why Join Us?
Our purpose is to design for the good of humankind. It's the ideal we strive toward each day in everything we do. Being a part of Herman Miller Group means being a part of something larger than your work team, or even your brand. We create places where people love to be, places that reflect who they are, places that truly matter to people. And our success allows Herman Miller Group to support causes that align with our values, so we can help create a more equitable and sustainable future for all.
Inside the Job
Your day-to-day work will involve:
- Cleaning, normalizing, and aggregating IoT sensor telemetry data for Herman Miller Live Platform reporting and analytics.
- Providing support to functional areas by acting as an expert in tools and methods for accessing, analyzing, and reporting corporate data.
- Collaborating with analytics and business teams to improve data models that feed business intelligence tools, increasing data accessibility and fostering data-driven decision making across the organization.
- Designing data integrations and data quality framework.
- Developing and maintains scalable data pipelines and builds out new API integrations to support continuing increases in data volume and complexity.
- Implementing processes and systems to monitor data quality, ensuring production data is always accurate and available for key stakeholders and business processes that depend on it.
- Performing data analysis required to troubleshoot data related issues and assist in the resolution of data issues.
What You Bring
Needed skills and experience for this role include:
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related technical field.
- Fully proficient data engineering abilities typically gained through 5+ years of working with Python/Java, SQL, and working schema design and dimensional data modeling.
- Experience designing, building and maintaining data processing systems.
- Experience working with AWS cloud services and Redshift data warehouse.
- Architecting and developing in AWS Services like AWS Glue, Lambda, Step Functions, S3, EMR, Cloudwatch, CloudTrail, Lake Formation, Cloudformation, etc.
- Ability in managing and communicating date warehouse plans to internal clients.
- Implementing and maintaining large date warehouse.
- Experience in implementing ETL using one of the following languages: Python, Scala, or Java
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with a keen of customer service.
Our values speak to our shared beliefs. They describe how we live our purpose through the way we lead, the way we see one another, and the way we approach our work.
We are difference-makers reflects our commitments to creating places that matter, to being a good neighbor in our communities, and to using business as a force for good.
We are all extraordinary is our statement about the worth of individuals and our commitment to help everyone reach their full potential.
We are better together demonstrates how challenging one another, making room for everyone, and working and winning as one makes us stronger.
Who We Hire
Simply put, we hire everyone. Herman Miller is comprised of people of all abilities, gender identities and expressions, ages, ethnicities, sexual orientations, veterans from every branch of military service, and more. Here, you can bring your whole self to work. We're committed to equal opportunity employment, including veterans and people with disabilities.