As a Resident Assistant, you will provide support and care to the residents in activities of daily living, fostering independence, promoting individuality, while respecting and protecting each resident’s right to privacy in accordance with Federal, State and Local regulations. Also, you will support the team in optimizing each resident’s well-being and overall experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Support, encourage and assist residents with activities of daily living, to include bathing support, medication reminders, assistance with clothing and other needs as appropriate
- Escort residents to the dining room and other activity events as needed
- Respond promptly to the Emergency Call System to assist residents with their needs
- Report to Management any deviations or changes observed in resident
- Deliver meal trays to apartments of residents upon request
- Assist with housekeeping which includes cleaning resident apartments, common areas, and laundry duties
- Assist with meal service, including the serving of meals to residents in the dining room, as well as clean up duties including washing dishes, mopping floors, etc.
- Cross train and share in duties as needed in all areas including visitor tours, answering phones, helping with activities, etc.
- Other duties may be assigned.
This position does not have any supervisory responsibilities.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- CNA and First Aid certification preferred
- 0-2 years of previous work experience
- Clearly communicate with residents, employees, resident families and visitors
- Read and interpret general directives
- Effectively respond to questions from employees, managers, clients, customers and public
- Organize work among fellow employees to ensure that all work is complete
- Read proper dosage measure amounts
- Identify problems and use problem-solving and conflict resolution skills
- Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Maintain and promote a good working relationship with staff, families and residents is essential
- Exhibit and promote a high level of customer service and hospitality towards and among all residents, employees, visitors and the community
Travel is not required.
To perform this job successfully, the physical demands listed are representative of those that must be met by an employee. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands to handle and feel, reach with hands and arms, talk, and hear. The employee may occasionally be required to crouch. The employee may occasionally lift items as heavy as 50lbs. Specific vision abilities may include the employee’s ability to see near and far distances.