Tekton needs an impressive Manufacturing Operator who will physically transform our products through operations like vibing, pad printing, and laser marking. You must be able to do this work consistently, accurately, and quickly while following our established procedures and meeting quality standards.
Some specific role responsibilities
- Work at a fast and error-free pace that meets the needs of the Fulfillment Team
- Move and track physical inventory from bin locations to work cells and back
- Assist in the design, setup, and optimization of new and existing processes
- Work with the Team Captain to manage and replenish work cell resources including consumables, fixtures, and tooling
- Develop and execute preventative maintenance tasks on manufacturing equipment
- Deeply understand our quality expectations, and take action when products don’t meet the standard
- Follow strict inventory procedures and participate in regular cycle counts as needed
- Keep your work cell and surrounding areas clean, organized, and safe
- Give feedback about our current processes and help Manufacturing create a culture of continuous improvement
Education, experience, and skills
You don’t need a specific degree or job history, but a background in fulfillment, distribution, assembly, shipping, quality control, or general warehouse work could be helpful, but is not required.
You need to be capable of repeatedly lifting 20-45 pounds, occasionally lifting up to 90 pounds, and safely operating material handling equipment. You must be able to use basic technology effectively, like email and our warehouse management system.
Location and hours
This is an hourly position located in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Full-time positions are available. We’re also open to part-time candidates as long as you can commit to working at least 20 hours per week.