Do you enjoy preparing delicious meals? Are you compassionate and have a longing to serve individuals who may struggle with health and physical limitations? Would you like to foster your passion for the culinary arts?
If you are interested in joining a team that recognizes your dedication and passion for excellence in food and hospitality, consider joining our team of food professionals. At The Laurels of Hudsonville, a beautifully crafted meal can put a smile on someone’s face and make their day.
Laurel Health Care Company offers one of the leading employee benefits packages in the skilled nursing industry, including health insurance, 401K with matching funds, paid time off, and paid holidays. When you work with Laurel Health Care Company, you will join an experienced, hard-working team that values communication and collaboration.
Why just work when you can help shape a legacy?
A cook at The Laurels prepares delicious, nourishing and well-balanced meals to meet each guest's daily nutritional and special dietary needs. In addition, the cook:
- Follows standardized recipes.
- Prepares foods that correspond to the menu cycles developed by registered dietitians.
- Cooks or prepares appetizing, well-presented, and nutritionally-adequate meals in quantities that are served at the proper temperatures and within the appropriate time frames.
- Uses food supplies and equipment efficiently and economically to prevent waste.
- Prepares and maintains food alternatives to accommodate guest choices and refusals of meals served.
- Supervises culinary staff concerning food storage, food preparation, tray assembly, and cleaning.
In the absence of the chef and/or dietary manager, the cook supervises the culinary center’s employees.