• Embrace and adhere to Meijer Gardens’ mission, brand statement, operating model, policies, procedures, and
guiding principles with a strong emphasis on professional behavior and the treatment of others with dignity
• Embrace the fact we are a non-profit institution that serves the public and that you will work with a broad and
diverse group of employees, volunteers, members, and guests
• A flexible and collaborative culture is important. Other duties may be assigned within the department as well as
across the organization.
Education and/or qualifications preferred:
• Working knowledge of food service industry with strong customer service abilities
• Culinary experience and Serv Safe Certification a plus
• Able to work a mixed schedule including week days, weekends, occasional nights and holidays
Working Conditions: Fast paced environment in a rapidly growing cultural organization with room for advancement. Requires
high levels of social contact and physical work. Very customer service-oriented work and requires multi-tasking in a hands-on
manner i.e. food production, verbal communications, and guest services. Must be able to perform physical activities such as, but not limited to, lifting heavy items (up to 50 pounds unassisted) bending, walking and standing for long periods of time.