We are searching for engaging, fun, joyous, adventuresome Baristas who are passionate about food and beverage preparation and education. You will greet customers, answer their questions, take orders and accept payments, and prepare and serve food and drinks. You will also maintain a clean and well-stocked workspace and dining area, update displays, and continuously expand your knowledge of food and beverage quality controls, preparation methods, and presentation.
- Prepare and serve a variety of coffee drinks, along with various food items offered at the Lodge
- Welcome customers by determining their coffee interests and needs
- Educate customers by presenting and explaining the coffee drink menu; answering questions
- Maintain inventories by replenishing coffee bean supply; stocking coffee brewing equipment
- Keep equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs
- Maintains safe and healthy work environment by following organization standards and sanitation regulations
- Improve quality results by studying, evaluating, and re-designing processes; implementing changes; maintaining and improving the appearance of the store and coffee bar.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Some barista experience is preferred; willing to train candidates with no experience (and who still fit our values)
- Good people skills; build good relationships with customers
- Be efficient and organized
- Maintain a clean work environment
About the Lodge Culture
At the Keweenaw Mountain Lodge, we strive to provide a fun, joyous, and adventuresome working environment. An ideal employee behaves with integrity, honesty, and is always seeking opportunities to learn. The candidate we are seeking will provide excellent customer service, but will also support and help colleagues across the Lodge’s various departments.
Employee housing and rideshare available. We have housing available for employees this year in the hotel complex (double occupancy). [ View employee housing accommodations for the 2021 season ]. As well, we have a rideshare program that people can take advantage of for carpooling to and from the Lodge. [ View rideshare information ]