About this Opportunity
As a Senior Business Risk Manager, you'll ensure the company's internal control environment is complete and relevant by applying comprehensive financial/accounting knowledge of internal controls for multiple business units and international locations.
What You'll Do
You'll have opportunities to speak up, solve problems, lead others, and be an owner every day as you . . .
- Assign, monitor, and review the progress/accuracy of work, directing efforts and providing technical guidance on complex issues.
- Collaboratewith Fiinance colleagues and internal/external Herman Millercontacts to review the internal control framework and provide guidance to leadership. You will leadthe communication of internal controls at all levels of leadership.
- Coordinate the activities of the external auditors, including how best to leverage the work performed and results produced from Business Risk's work.
- Ensure that Business Risk is performing its work in accordance with established professional standards and remain abreast of emerging trends and best practices that can be incorporated into the function.
- Execute and deliver results of Anti-Bribery Audit program.
- Indirectly supervisea team of internal audit professionals, including assigning personnel to tasks and projects.
- Leadmajor projects and activities in support of Business Risk initiatives.
- Manage the process to track, follow-up, and ultimately close open audit findings.
- ManageBusiness Risk's day-to-day planning and execution of financial audits, compliance audits, and operational audit projects and activities.
- Participatein or leadspecial projects as requested by the Director of Business Risk.
- Researchand maintainknowledge of emerging accounting standards and technologies and how they may optimize current business practices.
- Support Business Risk's participation in critical business and technology initiatives and projects ensuring that audit's perspective is effectively voiced and appropriate controls are designed and implemented on a proactive basis.
- Usebroadly defined procedures to support documentation processes in compliance with internal controls and policies.
- Use sound management skills to effectively lead a team of accounting/finance professionals towardthe achievement of business objectives.
- Perform additional responsibilities as requested to achieve business objectives.
Sound Like You?
You might be just who we're looking for if you have . . .
- A Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance.
- A Master's degree or CPA.
- Sixyears of professional accounting experience in a Big 4 accounting firm.
- Five years of manager/supervisor experience.
- An expert ability to think strategically and execute tactically.
- Financialliteracyand well-developed business acumen.
- Demonstrated leadership competence as defined in Herman Miller's Leadership Competency Model.
- A leadership style that reflects creative and innovative thinking, performing as a team player, and is service-oriented.
- A demonstrated high level of written, verbal, and interpersonal skills to communicate information, ideas, procedures, and processes in a logical sequence and at a level appropriate to the audience, resulting in effective working relationships.
- The ability to travel up to 15 percent of the time.
- The abilityto perform all essential job functions of the position with or without accommodations.
Who We Are
At Herman Miller, our unique culture represents the collective attitudes, ideas, and experiences of the people who work here. We focus on protecting the environment, impacting our communities, exceeding the expectations of our customers through high quality products, and championing diversity in all areas of the business, and together we are on a journey toward a better world. We support the well-being of our employees in and outside of work by providing a variety of opportunities including award-winning work-life integration resources, development programs, complex health and wellness offerings, and much more.
Herman Miller is a globally recognized provider of furnishings and related technologies and services. Headquartered in West Michigan, we have relied on innovative design for over 100 years to solve problems for people wherever they work, live, learn, and heal.
Herman Miller is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer including veterans and people with disabilities.