GENERAL DESCRIPTION: MMI is committed to creating inclusive communities and meaningful connections through employment and training. Community and Transitional Employment are work programs designed to provide job training and employment opportunities, with the ultimate intent of leading to community integrated employment. The Employment Coach is part of the participant’s employment team and is the person responsible for providing employment and skills training to each assigned participant. The Employment Coach also oversees assigned contract(s) ensuring timely completion, quality control as well as assisting participants to satisfactorily complete contract requirements when needed. The Employment Coach serves as a working coach and is responsible for providing supports to participants while assuring complete customer satisfaction.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Six months of experience relevant to the job assignment. Able to communicate effectively with all customers including, participants, employers, and co-workers. Physically able to perform the job to the satisfaction of the employer and to provide training to participants on all aspects of the job either with or without accommodations. If driving is required for the assignment, must possess a valid driver's license and an acceptable driving record.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: Experience in an employment training program or other community-based rehabilitation program. Completion of training relevant to position i.e., First Aid, CPR, Gentle Teaching, Mental Health First Aid, and Sign Language.
**Now offering an additional $2.25 per hour Essential Worker premium for providing in person services which is included in the per hour rate in this post**
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: From $13.25 per hour
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Preferred)
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place