The KIT Line Lead provides leadership in support of world-class manufacturing practices that include a high degree of safety, quality and efficiency standards. This position works closely with the Production Supervisor to help promote and ensure standards are being met and in implementing continuous improvement activities that will increase efficiencies and effectively meet production needs.
Additionally, 2nd and 3rd shift Line Leads will prioritize job orders and workload per 1st shift Line Leads and/or Production Supervisor and/or Manager. They will also communicate daily progress and KPM's to 1st shift Line Leads and/or Production Supervisor and/or Manager.
All Line Leads will help support organizational changes as we continue to grow.
Demonstrates SoundOff Signal's Core Values in daily interactions with internal and external customers: Trust, Customer Service, Live Excellence, Entrepreneurial Spirit.
Team Building, Develop People, Develop Process:
* Demonstrated abilities of active listening, effective speaking, future thinking & mentoring towards our one team approach.
* Ability to train team members to follow SoundOff Signal work instructions.
* Able to strategically delegate tasks to team members as needed.
* Able to develop a team environment, recognize team member talents and align those talents within the team to successfully work together.
* Able to motivate the team to maintain and improve high production standards.
Planning & Organization:
* Assess daily line requirements, capacity, capability and accurately project completion dates.
* Schedule daily work assignments for the line.
* Coordinate fulfillment of customer requirements with excellence and accuracy, including management of order changes and exceptions.
* Able to communicate well (written, verbal)
* The ability to communicate in an Adult to Adult manner with their team, other leads and linking pins around the organization.
* The ability to work as the linking pin between line members and the production leadership.
Leadership, Serve, Motivate:
* Able to coach and lead employees by example to meet line goals.
* Able to quickly but calmly handle urgent situations with due diligence and reasonable care.
* Balancing hands on involvement on the line and administrative tasks associated with the line lead position.
* Able to measure the performance of employees to understand where their need is to grow, to learn and comply with SoundOff Signal Standards.
* Disciplinary activities with line members when required
* Problem Sensitivity and Solving; ability to tell when something is wrong, or about to go wrong, then gather and analyze data to construct, evaluate, and implement solutions.
* Able to appropriately report line KPM's
* Assuring quality control process and procedures (ESD, ISO) are being followed.
* Able to check finished product as needed to ensure quality standards are being met.
* Able to complete 8D forms as requested and perform a root cause analysis in a timely manner.
* Place the safety of team members in high esteem, educate them in SoundOff Signal safety procedures and ensure procedures are adhered to.
* Assuring team members are aware of all needed PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) and are following all PPE requirements.
* Ability to work the shift schedule, and flex hours early or late with little or no notice when necessary.
* Able to perform job consistently and without excessive absenteeism or tardiness.
* Ability to hold the line members to our SoundOff Signal cleanliness standards.
* Able to complete other miscellaneous tasks as assigned by the Production Supervisor and/or Production Manager.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Two (2) to four (4) years mechanical assembly experience.
- One (1) year supervisory experience preferred.
- Basic supervisory skills (planning, organizing, employee relations, housekeeping)
- Basics of planning and scheduling as they relate to the line.
- Knowledgeable of specific line processes and the ability to train as needed.
- Intermediate Computer/PC skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to work independently and with team to meet goals.
- Strong attention to detail.
It is the policy of SoundOff Signal to extend equal employment and advancement opportunities to all qualified individuals regardless of their race, color, age, sex, pregnancy, gender or gender expression, disability, genetic information, religion, national origin, ethnic background, marital status, height, weight, sexual orientation, miltary or veteran status, citizenship, protected activity (i.e., opposition to prohibited discrimination or participation in the statutory complaint process), or any other legally protected group.