About this Opportunity
As a Customer Engagement Specialist - eCommerce, you'll provide direction, facilitation, and diverse assistance to the Herman Miller Store team. You will coordinate key aspects of the customer experience, including order management, direct/indirect customer support, process improvement, and customer analysis initiatives to drive customer loyalty and superior customer engagement.
What You'll Do
You'll have opportunities to speak up, solve problems, lead others, and be an owner every day asyou...
- Apply knowledge of specialized processes, policies, and procedures related to the Herman Miller Store team function.
- Assist with formal and informal coaching, training, and mentoring of new and existing team members.
- Create and update work instructions as business needs develop and change.
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with interdepartmental teams (Scheduling, Traffic, Manufacturing, Returns Warehouse, Product Resources, IT, and Marketing).
- Identify optimization opportunities and contribute to online marketing efforts to reach new customers and build customer loyalty.
- Initiate andtake responsibilityfor Herman Miller Store order maintenance-related work such as returns, replacements, credits, revisions, and cancellations.
- Maintain ahigh level of competence in Herman Miller capabilities, including process, products, services, and workplace knowledge.
- Participate in cross-functional project teams in an effort to continuously improve performance.
- Perform additional responsibilities as requested to achieve business objectives.
- Serve as Herman Miller Store content expert to contribute to the ongoing administration and improvement of technical tools, including, but not limited to: eCommerce platform, phone system, call tracking, CQS, and ticket management.
- Support customer analysis and segmentation activities to optimize marketing efforts and drive both incremental revenue and lifetime customer relationships.
- Use the Herman Miller Performance System(HMPS) problem-solving methods to identify issues and implement countermeasures.
Sound Like You?
You might be just who we're looking for if you have...
- A Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, or equivalent educational and professional experience.
- Three to five years of success in customer service, marketing, eCommerce, and/or web support.
- An exceptional problem-solving ability and systemic thinking skills. An HMPS or Six Sigma background is preferred.
- Strong analytical skills and Excel experience. Experience with web analytics tools such as Google Analytics is a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills and the ability to exhibit positive customer service.
- The ability to manage multiple projects in a timely manner.
- Organizational and time management skills. Youmust also be self-motivated and able to work independently.
- High energy and a strong sense of teamwork.
- A willingness to go the extra mile to make customers happy.
- The ability to use the office automation, communication, software, and tools in the Herman Miller office environment.
- The abilityto perform all essential job functions of the position with or without accommodations.
Who We Are
At Herman Miller, our unique culture represents the collective attitudes, ideas, and experiences of the people who work here. We focus on protecting the environment, impacting our communities, exceeding the expectations of our customers through high quality products, and championing diversity in all areas of the business, and together we are on a journey toward a better world. We support the well-being of our employees in and outside of work by providing a variety of opportunities including award-winning work-life integration resources, development programs, complex health and wellness offerings, and much more.
Herman Miller is a globally recognized provider of furnishings and related technologies and services. Headquartered in West Michigan, we have relied on innovative design for over 100 years to solve problems for people wherever they work, live, learn, and heal.
Herman Miller is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer including veterans and people with disabilities.