Demonstrates mastery of shipping domestic and international customer orders by small package delivery services and by common carriers. Performs all duties related to organizing, compiling, and correctly packing/packaging the shipping of goods and materials.
SPECIFIC JOB FUNCTIONS
Following are some of the principal job functions, however, other duties and activities may be required in performance of this job:
- Process packing slips timely, meeting required customer and company/department deadlines.
- Schedule pick-ups with transportation companies via phone or internet.
- Stages orders throughout the workday for completion of shipment.
- Performs initial dock audit.
- Responsible to load all outbound shipments on trailers.
- All 5S and required house-keeping duties including but not limited to; sweeping, cleaning, area clean up and organization, keeping racks, bins and warehouse floor organized and in a safe manner.
- Any additional duties that have not been specifically stated, but which may be assigned and those that are logically and properly inherent to this position.
- Demonstrates mastery in shipping domestic and international customer orders via UPS, FedEx, DHL, & LTL. Achieves fluency in navigating carrier software and websites to prepare shipping labels, customs documentation, certificates of origin, and commercial invoices.
Achieves understanding and proficiency in all matters of international shipping, including U.S. Customs & Border Protection requirements for exporting goods and U.S. Department of Commerce requirements for preparing a Shippers Export Declaration.
Acquires a thorough knowledge of RAMI’s Manufacturing Resource Planning software for tasks required to ship customer orders, and handling inventory.