Responsible for instruction, facilitation of student learning and assessment of student outcomes; committed to student recruitment, retention and success. Instructors will teach courses within the discipline and will be responsible for coordination of student classroom, laboratory, simulation and clinical activities. Instructors are responsible to participate in departmental and college communities and campus activities representing the MCC Nursing Program.
This Full-Time position requires classroom, laboratory and clinical teaching in Associate Degree Nursing Courses with teaching responsibility during fall, winter, and summer semesters.
Qualifications: Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- A minimum of a Master’s Degree in Nursing (MSN) from an accredited college or university is required and must be licensed as a professional Registered Nurse from the State of Michigan.
- Five (5) years of experience in medical-surgical nursing practice is required, including a preference of a minimum of three (3) years’ experience in one of the following: behavioral health, or nursing education.
- Qualified applicants will demonstrate ability to develop and use instructional technology, implement interactive teaching strategies in the classroom, and provide direct clinical supervision and evaluation of student learning outcomes.
- Current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) card with Professional Rescuer or Healthcare Provider certification is required.
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse populations representing a wide range of abilities, ages, nationalities, and cultures.
- Demonstrated excellence in communication and presentation skills, both oral and written, which transcend diverse audiences.
- A passion for continuous learning and a dedication to support student success through the mission of the College.
- The ability to facilitate varied teaching methods (i.e. lecture, class discussion, testing, presentations) to enhance student learning and completion.
- Willingness to teach during the day, at night, and online, as well as at the main campus and extension centers.
- Experience in educational theory and techniques, teaching, experience at the post-secondary level preferred.
- Participates in professional and community organizations.
- Must be detailed-oriented, well-organized, and able to deal effectively with college staff at all levels and handle confidential information appropriately.
- Highly motivated and solution oriented with a high degree of integrity, ethics and dedication to the mission of the College.
- Teach assigned course load which may include day, night, and online courses, at the main campus and extension centers. Classes are to meet on time for the full allotted time.
- Establish and promote an effective learning environment that maximize documented student learning.
- Participate in professional development activities and maintain current knowledge in the discipline.
- Prepare, submit and maintain reports related to student learning.
- Develop or assist in development of curriculum including review or revision to keep programs on the cutting edge or ahead of current trends.
- Grading assignments in a meaningful way to promote continued student growth, returning graded assignments to students in a timely manner, and assigning final grades for all students, meeting or beating all institutional deadlines for completion.
- Provide educational assistance to students during regularly scheduled and posted times (i.e., office hours) and by appointment
- Ensure student opinion surveys are conducted for each class and then reviewed after summary information available to assist with increasing student success.
- Contribute to Department or College by working collegially with Academic Leadership or other teams to support or review processes or participate in council, committees, and teams as well as mentoring.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Participate in the evaluation process which assesses the following:
- Content Expertise
- Instructional Delivery
- Instructional Design
- Course Management
- Special assignment work in which release time is being given
- Non-teaching duties including, but not limited to:
- Committee Work
- Student Organizations
- Governing Councils