The Downtown Grand Rapids Ambassador Team is seeking a focused and professional Team Leader to assist in the front line management of our Grand Rapids program. Both 1st shift & 2nd shift positions available.
The perfect candidate would be a team player with solid leadership skills and a strong work ethic. You must possess the capability to thoroughly supervise and respond to deployment and logistic issues with timeliness and innovation. You should have a consistent job history/background in management of one of the following: customer service, hospitality, security, retail and/or food service. I need someone who is passionate about Grand Rapids and helping people.
We require a person that:
- Is friendly, self motivated and not afraid of hard work
- Loves working outside, no matter the conditions
- Enjoys being mobile & active
- Does not require constant supervision to work. (We need self starters and finishers!)
- Has a clean driver's license
What do TEAM LEADERS do? Well, they do what needs to be done! Here are just a few examples of what they do in a day that keeps Downtown Grand Rapids friendly, safe and clean.
- COORDINATE AND DEVELOP TRAINING -- Works with Operations Manager on operations and equipment training for all employees. Makes sure that employee's have passed standard knowledge and maneuverability tests. Ensures compliance to all standards, procedures, and policies for operational activities.
- OPERATIONAL OVERSIGHT -- Under the direction of the Operations Manager, the Team Leader is responsible for daily supervision, leadership and completion of plans of on-street operations.
- HUMAN RESOURCES -- Trains, supervises, leads, coaches, and mentors selected staff to create a cohesive team of employees to represent the district. Provides personnel reporting to Operations Manager
- QUALITY ASSURANCE - ensures service expectations are not only being met through regular on-field evaluations but exceeded and the coaching of all employees is complete and and understood. We treat our employees fair and respectfully. Evaluates quality of services through measuring individual employee performances compared to expectations and overall program performance; reports to Operations Manager and makes adjustments as necessary changes as necessary.
- CUSTOMER RELATIONS - actively engages client representatives Operations Manager to innovate new local strategies and trains employees to continuously improve service delivery.
- REPORTING - uses a combination of standard reporting procedures with processes developed specifically to update Operations Manager on accomplishments and program effectiveness.
- HANDS ON - the Team Leader is a critical element of the program's visibility and is expected to be a working supervisor; should actively participate in daily cleaning, safety tasks, and other duties to lead by example. We wouldn't ask anyone to do anything that we wouldn't do ourselves.
Supervisory Experience: Must have verifiable management/supervisory experience
Clean Driver's License: Must be able to drive a small pickup truck
Diploma or GED
Communication: Must be able to speak, read, and write the English language in order to create basic reports
Problem solving skills
- Conflict resolution skills- We need people who can rise above drama if it exists and be somebody who can help to encourage culture of fun and inclusiveness.
- Interpersonal communication skills. We are working with people that may need a lot of time and patience.
Technology skills: Must be able to use a smart phone and computer
- Must have the physical capacity to traverse continuously during an eight hour shift, with normal breaks (two fifteen minutes, and one thirty minute meal break)
- Must be able to work outdoors in all conditions with provided inclement weather gear
- Must be able to lift 30lbs
Paid Time Off
Discounted Entertainment Tickets
Flex Spending /Health Spending Accounts
Discounted Purchasing Programs
Great company culture that encourages fun!