Position Summary: Responsible for packing and labeling product, loading/unloading production machines and operating assembly equipment to assemble products and/or packaging according to customer and company provided specifications.
Preferred Education, Experience, and Personal Traits:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Previous manufacturing or mechanical experience.
- Demonstrated eye-hand coordination.
- Demonstrated mechanical ability in the use of tools.
- Demonstrated basic math skills.
- Automated equipment operation.
- SPC-SQC basic training.
- Good understanding of Plex and Microsoft Office software (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.)
Essential Job Functions include, but not limited to, the following:
- Perform all work functions in adherence to safety, quality and production policies.
- Load and unload automatic and semi-automatic equipment with material and product.
- Routinely lift up to 55 pounds worth of weight.
- Perform hand or mechanical assembly, packaging and decorating.
- Follow schedules and work instructions to meet production as scheduled.
- Perform quality checks and verifications as required by work instructions.
- Verify product quality, contain and hold product if appropriate.
- Inspect product per CDB.
- Package product per instructions.
- Record production within Plex database.
- Provide accurate and legible quantity, quality and time reports.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area.
- Adhere to SPN/Quality alerts as required.
- Identify product through all operations.
- Transfer WIP/FG to designated areas.
- Ability to identify proper material recycle codes.
- Ability to build and master labels.
- Ability to read the dispatch list to determine BOM requirements.
- Ability to comfortably use the paging system.
- Ability to use a pallet jack.
- Abillity to work in a team atmosphere and assist those around you on short notice.
- Perform hourly process and Quality checks as required.
- Follow FIFO (First in first out)
- Successfully utilize gauges and understand terminology
- Setup and end jobs (load and unload jobs in Plex)
- Have an understanding of KANBAN
- Have an understaning of partial boxes and know when to use them
- Additional functions not specifically outlined in this position description as assigned by the supervisor.
Work Environment: Light industrial factory environment, moderate noise, occasional light dust, and occasional plastic fumes. Assembly machines, insert molding presses, hand tools, scales, forklift, full use and range of movements of wrists, hands, arms and eyes.
Core Values: Teamwork, Trustworthy, Respectful, Fun-Positive Attitude, and Meta-Performance. All Pliant associates are required to model these core values in all areas of communication and performance on a consistent basis.