Receive a $250 sign-on bonus after 45 days of employment!
A Head Cook is responsible for preparing and cooking various food items according to recipes and monitors cooks production acting as a lead
Pay Rate: $13.29
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assembles equipment according to airline specifications following procedures and assembly diagrams.
- Packages and prepares alcoholic beverages for airline flights.
- Keeps production areas in compliance with sanitation standards and customer requirements
- Documents inventory in compliance with requirements
- Follows directions.
- Works as a member of a team.
- Supports Hot Food leadership in monitoring team's production quality and efficiencies
- Additional duties may be assigned as deemed necessary by management
- Culinary degree and/or cook certification is preferred
- At least 2 years of experience cooking in a high volume institutional catering environment is preferred
- Experience with maintaining temperature logs for all food items prepared.
- Recipe conversion experience required to accommodate the kitchen’s daily production needs.
Technical Skills: (Certification, Licenses and Registration)
Language / Communication Skills:
- Read, write, and follow food specifications and menu guidelines
- Communicate effectively with supervisors and co-workers
Requirements of the Job:
- Handle various food products such as seafood, beef, pork, poultry, fruits, and vegetables.
- Handle knives and kitchen tools properly.
- Work assigned schedule which may vary and could include weekends and holidays
- Work overtime when required
- Arrive to work on-time
- Completes paperwork and related administrative duties
- Complies with company policies
- Handles pork, poultry, meat and fish products
- Will be exposed to extreme temperature changes and noise.
- Must be able to lift, push, pull, and move product, equipment and supplies up to fifty (50) pounds frequently during shift.
- Regularly stands, bends, lifts, and moves intermittently during shifts of 8+ hours.