**Sign-on Bonus available!!**
$1,500 for full-time positions
$750 for part-time positions
Would you like to join Beaumont that has been serving patients for over 66 years? Come work for us with a team that cares about you! We are looking for Nursing Assistants who would like to combine their love for people and desire to provide compassionate care with opportunities to advance your career.
Check out the video below that shows the vital role our Nursing Assistants play in providing patient and family centered care!
As the largest not-for-profit health care system serving Michigan, we offer a world of opportunity within our expansive system. We have more nationally ranked hospitals than any other health system in the state, including six that are Magnet-recognized. In total, Beaumont has eight hospitals and 155 outpatient sites that provide diverse practice settings located in communities throughout southeastern Michigan and the greater Detroit metropolitan area.
Provides care to the patient according to the plan of care, unit routine and hospital policy under the direction of a Registered Nurse.
The Nursing Assistant assists in patient care throughout nursing areas and is responsible for the following:
1. Providing care to the patient according to the plan of care, specific unit routines and hospital policy under the
Direction of the Registered Nurse.
2. Documentation of care provided in the electronic medical record.
3. Safe transport of patients via wheelchair or stretcher, dispatch services and appropriate documentation of services.
4. Provides the services of an Observer for any patient on a patient care unit who has been assessed to require constant observation, either in person or via remote video monitoring, to maximize his/her safety.
5. Performs general receptionist and clerical duties to facilitate efficient functioning of the nursing unit.
6. Maintains current knowledge/certification.
7. Attends all required Safety Training programs and can describe his/her responsibilities related to general safety, department/service safety and specific job-related hazards.
8. Follows the Hospital Exposure Control Plans/Bloodborne and Airborne Pathogens.
9. Demonstrates respect and regard for the dignity of all patients, families, visitors and fellow employees to ensure a professional, responsible and courteous environment.
10. Promotes effective working relations and works effectively as part of a department/unit team inter and intra departmentally to facilitate the department's/unit's ability to meet its goals and objective.
This document represents the major duties, responsibilities, and authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. It should be understood, therefore, that incumbents may be asked to perform job-related duties beyond those explicitly described.
1. Supports the Mission, Value and Vision of Beaumont Health (BH). Demonstrates personal commitment through active involvement in the performance improvement process.
2. Exhibits excellent customer service skills and behaviors toward internal and external customers and co-workers. Promotes positive public relations with patients/residents, family members, guests, and others.
3. Supports and adheres to all Beaumont Health's customer service, service excellence, and performance standards. Supports and participates with all required compliance standards that may be department specific and/or identified by the organizations including in-service training, acceptable attendance, uniform and dress code.
4. Adheres to HIPAA requirements and maintains confidentiality of all data, including patient/resident, employee and operations information.
5. Supports and participates in a collaborative team-oriented environment - cooperates and works together with all co-workers, plans and completes job duties, uses appropriate communications in sensitive and emotional situations and follows up as appropriate regarding reported complaints, problems and concerns.
6. Supports, cooperates with and demonstrates safe work practices and attitudes, follows safety rules - including universal precautions - reports and prevents/corrects unsafe conditions and behaviors, and participates in organizational and departmental safety programs.
7. Completes all required compliance standards that may be department specific and/or identified by the organization.
8. Maintains current licensure, registration and/or certification, as applicable, at all times.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
A. Education / Training:
* High school graduate or equivalent
B. Work Experience:
* Previous hospital or nursing home experience preferred
C. Certification, Licensure, Registration:
* American Heart Association or American Red Cross Basic Life Support certification required
* Current CNA certification preferred
D. Other Qualifications:
* Ability to communicate effectively and document information accurately.
* Ability to deal efficiently and effectively with a wide variety of individuals.
* Knowledge of basic medical terminology preferred.
* Basic computer knowledge is preferred.
* Ability to move or lift patients and equipment.
* Ability to demonstrate Beaumont customer... For full info follow application link.
Beaumont Health is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.