The Adoption Specialist (Benton Harbor) position is responsible for the case management of children available for adoption and prospective adoptive families. Plans, prepares and implements adoption services.
Essentials Duties and Responsibilities
- Conducts assessments of children and prospective adoptive families.
- Provides services based on assessment of children and prospective adoptive families.
- Attends and testifies at court hearings regarding services and develops a plan to establish permanence for children.
- Assists in transporting clients when needed.
- Attends case review meetings and assist the child welfare team to maximize coordination and continuity of services.
- Contacts foster parents, extended family members, attorneys, therapists, schools and others to coordinate services and implement child service/treatment plans.
Other Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of computer systems and relevant software.
- Ability to make appropriate assessments and recommendations.
- Ability to prepare reports, maintain records, and collect and evaluate client data.
- Ability to work with community organizations and use community resources to meet client needs.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to relate to diverse populations and cultures while communicating with clients and the public in a courteous and effective manner.
- Ability to work independently and exercise good judgment.
Recommended Employment Qualifications
A Bachelor's Degree in human services or related field is required.
A minimum of three years of related experience in human services is required.
CCWM is an equal opportunity employer, subject to all federal and state laws as applicable to a religious Agency.