The Senior Program Buyer is part of our Automotive Operational Purchasing team and will be responsible for flawless program launches, purchasing deliverables are met according to program timing and budget, negotiate product changes, support VAVE activities, BOM and sourcing tracking, prepare RFQs, negotiate and source parts and tooling, support technical feasibility reviews, represent purchasing in multifunctional program reviews, program status reporting and supplier management.
The successful candidate will have 3+ years of progressive experience in program purchasing or program management at well-regarded companies of similar or larger scale and complexity to Adient.
This position will require a general understanding of purchasing policies and procedures, purchasing related laws, agency, legal and ethical obligations.
On a personal level, the successful candidate will be an individual of unquestionable integrity who enjoys operating in a hands-on, roll-up-your-sleeves environment. S/he will be proactive and able to work independently in fast-paced environments.
* Ability to work with multi-disciplines within Adient (Engineering, Quality, Materials, Supply Chain, Operations, Finance)
* Clear understanding of supplier terms and conditions
* Ability to negotiate (tactics, techniques, and strategies)
* Evaluate cost breakdowns to identify opportunities to reduce overall cost
* Able to communicate effectively
* Good time management and effectively works in a cross-functional team
* Bachelor's Degree in Business, Supply Chain or related technical field
* Minimum of 3 years purchasing experience with 3 years in automotive industry preferred
* Previous experience in program purchasing or program management
* Ability to cooperate with people of different levels inside/ outside the company and to interact with team to reach team goals and business objectives
* Ability to recognize and respond to customer expectations with sense of urgency
* Ability to gather information, analyze data, prepare and lead negotiations as well as deliver a recommendation
* Able to summarize complex issues and communicate to all levels of management
* Ability to be successful working in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities
* Able to multitask several programs
* Strong written and verbal communication
* Strong Excel skills
* Some travel may need be required
Central Tech Unit Plymouth MI
Adient is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation during the application process please email email@example.com.