***Sign On Bonus $1500.00***
"Beaumont Rehab & Continuing Care in Dearborn and Farmington Hills were recently named by Newsweek as Best Nursing Homes 2022
Responsible for providing direct resident care, performing specified nursing procedures and providing a clean, safe environment under supervision of a Registered Nurse or a Licensed Practical Nurse.
Primary Job Duties:
1. Conducts walking rounds through assigned set at the beginning of each shift with off-going CNA/RCC to ensure resident safety is being maintained as well as make sure that residents do not have any immediate care issues. Conducts walking rounds at least every two (2) hours or more if indicated throughout assigned shift.
2. Assists residents with all activities of daily living while maintaining privacy.
3. Assists with daily dental and oral care, required baths, dressing and hair and nail care. Ensures that residents that wear eyeglasses, hearing aides, splints and/or braces are wearing prescribed appliances.
4. Assists residents in maintaining a home-like environment including washing clothes, dishes, wheelchairs, walkers, etc.
5. Assists in encouraging residents to reach their maximum level of physical function via providing minimal assistance needed for ambulation, transferring and toileting. Maintains safety of all resident by utilizing proper transfer technique.
6. Obtains vital signs: temperature, pulse, respirations and weights as indicated by nurse.
7. Ensures all incontinent residents are kept clean, dry and odor free. Provides proper toileting method as indicated on care plan. Reports any pertinent change in bowel or bladder function to the nurse.
8. Document and reports changes in the resident's mental status, physical status or appearance to the nurse immediately.
9. Assists the resident in the administration of medication under the direction of an RN or LPN.
10. Prepares residents for meals (takes to bathroom if needed, washes hands). Assists with actual feeding if needed.
11. Accompanies residents to and participates in various activities and functions.
12. Utilizes the Service Standards to render care to all residents. Responds to resident emergencies in an appropriate time frame. Reports all changes in conditions to nurse.
Minimum Job Qualifications:
Education: High school diploma, GED or equivalent. Completed training at accredited nurse assistant training facility.
Licensure: Nurse Assistant Certification in the State of Michigan
Skills & Abilities:
Ability to maintain twelve (12) in-service hours annually
Knowledge of Resident Rights.
Ability to utilize Universal Precautions at all times.
Basic knowledge of computer
* Beaumont Health grants equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, religion, genetic information, marital status, height, weight, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected category.
Beaumont Health is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.