Aludyne is recognized as the #1 aluminum knuckle manufacturer in the world. We have over 30 strategically located facilities across the globe, with leading market shares in several key regions. With this infrastructure, we are able to serve our global customers as well as meet the needs of local demands of speed, flexibility and efficiency.
At Aludyne, we aim to recruit and retain smart, inquisitive people fueled by the same entrepreneurial spirit that drives us. It’s how we deliver on the promises we make to customers, and to each other. We believe in continuous improvement for our workforce and providing them with the tools necessary to further their career while also giving them the autonomy to make a defined difference.
Benefits We Offer:
Comprehensive Benefits Package to include medical, dental and vision insurance, Health Savings Account with annual employer contributions, Flexible Spending Accounts, Tuition Reimbursement, Employer 401K Match, Employee Assistance Program, paid vacation and holidays.
Visit us to learn more about life at Aludyne!
We are hiring a Maintenance Technician to join our team! Maintenance Techs provide machinery maintenance for the Alma, Michigan location. This includes completing work orders, ensuring safety compliance and reducing unplanned failures on production and facility equipment.
Pay Range: $18.50 - $28.00
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Troubleshoot all production equipment problems. Analyze and diagnose nature of problem involving mechanical, hydraulic, and electrical, including PLC electronic functions. Rebuild or replace defective components such as motors, relays, solenoids, switches, pilot valves, hydraulic components (pumps, cylinders, motors, hoses, ect.), belts and filters. This includes helping out in the die cast, trim and shot blast areas, as well as, the facilities when needed.
- Operate CNC equipment in manual, MDI and maintenance mode. Perform and understand G and M functions. Analyze and diagnose nature of problems and alarms using machine diagnostic, parameters and settings functions.
- Run electric power, gas and/or water and compressed air lines to new or relocated production equipment. Level and axis align production equipment as directed by supervisor.
- Check equipment to ensure safety devices are functioning properly.
- Maintain repair replacement parts and maintenance supplies, maintain inventory and notify supervisor to order items as needed.
- Perform arc and acetylene welding operations to repair and fabricate equipment.
- Fabricate hoses, clamp on fittings, including safety devices and maintain in stock.
- Perform preventative maintenance inspections, making necessary repairs and complete documentation of preventative maintenance inspection sheets per machine.
- Troubleshoot and repair automated equipment such as FANUC & ABB robots.
- Actively supports Safety program through participation in safety huddles, investigative safety teams, conducting safety audits and implementing correction actions and by following safety procedures and 6s standards.
- Repair and maintain mechanical and hydraulic components of high tech production machines and automated equipment including metal fabricating tools , material handling system and automated lubrication systems.
- Monitor process control and part quality through SPC techniques.
- Involvement in departmental projects to offer input and advice that will help to meet business plan objectives.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Experience in manufacturing maintenance preferred but not required
- Knowledge of electricity, hydraulics and pneumatics and PLC logics
- Must be able to provide own tools
- 5+ years of experience repairing and maintaining industrial machinery preferred but not required
- Employees are expected to work and attend in person meetings as necessary
Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to work with hands and to work in mechanically oriented situations.
- Understanding of mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic systems.
- Knowledge of automation and associated controls, logic and programming that includes; robotics, conveyor equipment, leak testers, assembly devices, part washers, and coolant systems
- Target equipment to achieve print specification.
- Assure part quality and repairs through SPC techniques.
- Completion of daily compliance and TPM.
- Completion of open PM’s on time.
- 5s maintenance area and work cell.
- Completion of daily passdown sheets at inspection stations.
- Complete supervisor passdown sheet with accurate information.
- Set up tooling and maintain data base.
- Safe work practices and use of PPE to achieve zero recordable injuries.
- Make off sets on CNC equipment.
Aludyne is an equal employment opportunity employer such that all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or other legally protected status.