The purpose of this position is to drive excellent SHE performance through support and development of management systems to ensure safety and health regulatory compliance, and SHE program implementation at Aludyne. The scope of the specialist’s regulatory compliance and management systems will apply broadly within the SHE Department’s responsibilities, but will primarily focus on casualty and property risk control; administer Aludyne Employee Health and Safety management practices under the OSH Act; administer Aludyne Employee Health Safety Environmental management practices under the ISO 14000 Standards.
What You'll Do:
- Administer and coordinate all plant safety and industrial hygiene activities.
- Ensure compliance with all federal and state OSHA regulations.
- Provide safety training (Hazard Communication, Lockout/Tagout, personal protection equipment, respirator use, incident investigation, etc…)
- Review and investigate accidents, injuries and illnesses that have occurred; determine root causes and interface with plant staff to ensure that corrective actions are completed.
- Work with process managers to determine that proper safeguards and personal protective equipment requirements are included in the manufacturing process.
- Regulatory research - keep current on OSHA, Community Right to Know, Federal and State regulations.
- ISO 14000 - coordinate, administer and direct implementation of Aludyne Employee Health and Safety management practices ISO 14000.
- Regulatory Assistance - work with manufacturing and engineering to improve Aludyne overall safety and health compliance programs.
Visit us to learn more about life at Aludyne!
What We Need from You:
- B.S. in Industrial Safety and Health, Engineering or other related fields.
- 2-5 years in safety and health related functions and administration preferably in manufacturing.
- Working knowledge of Federal and State Safety and Health regulations.
- Certified Safety Professional registration considered a plus.
- General knowledge of Word for Windows, Lotus Notes, Excel, and PowerPoint is a plus.
- AutoCAD, Visio, Lotus Notes, Microsoft Access, Visual Basic etc. is considered to be a plus.
Aludyne is an equal employment opportunity employer such that all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or other legally protected status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, perform essential job functions, and receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.