Here, we believe there's not one path to success, we believe in careers that grow with you. Whoever you are or wherever you come from in the world, there's a place for you at Sherwin-Williams. We provide you with the opportunity to explore your curiosity and drive us forward. We'll give you the space to share your strengths and we want you to show us what you can do. You can innovate, grow, and discover in a place where you can thrive and Let Your Colors Show!
How You'll Perform the Role
a. Ensure all scheduled jobs are completed to the customers' satisfaction
b.Assist in handling installation complaints within district guidelines.
c. Ensure all installer transactions are handled properly through the store computer operating system.
d. Ensure all customer orders are accurately measured and cut and records are properly maintained.
e. Ensure orders are installed in a timely manner.
f. Perform onsite inspections of installations to ensure customer satisfaction.
g. Assist in coordinating sales of homebuilder non-floorcovering products with S-W paint stores.
h. Conduct quarterly installer meetings
i. Assist reps in field measurements, including cut sheets, seam diagrams, and product specifications
j. Ensure cycle counts are performed weekly per district policy.
k. Assist reps on customer complaints providing a summary of the situation and possible solutions.
l. Assist in conducting physical inventory in a timely and accurate manner.
m. Ensure safety, loss prevention and security practices are followed according to policy and correct or report non-compliance.
n. Perform/direct the scheduling of all installations.
o. Assist in the Cutting of all Materials for jobs as needed or directed
2. Financial Credit & Credit Management
a. Perform/direct all payments to installers
b. Respond to customer questions and complaints concerning installation
c. Perform/direct background investigations and analysis on new and existing ARJV accounts, including contacting outside sources for information.
d. Implement and maintain a systematic follow-up program of all installer payments to prevent any installer loss.
3. Human Resource Management
a. Recruit Installation Subcontractors with proper approval and establish work schedules.
b. Determine training needs as to carpet installation and implement training as appropriate.
c. Ensure that store staff performs at a level appropriate to meet store objectives by clearly communicating assignments and expectations.
d. Work with carpet installers to ensure that they properly represent Sherwin-Williams while preserving their status as independent subcontractors.
e. Provide input on performance appraisals of warehouser(s) (larger volume stores).
a. Assist the Branch Manager in developing and implementing an Installation plan that will provide the required labor to meet the stores budgeted sales and profit goals
Our Must Haves - These are our Basic Qualifications, hit apply if you meet all of them!
* High school diploma or comparable certification (e.g., GED).
* Must be at least 18 years of age.
* Must have a valid driver's license.
* Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status.
* Must be willing to work all scheduled hours and required overtime, which may include evenings and weekends, with or without reasonable accommodation.
* Must be able to retrieve material from shelves and floor stacks and lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
* Must be able to operate material handling equipment (e.g. hand truck, pallet jack, forklift, etc.).
* Must be able to operate floorcovering cutting equipment.
* Must be able to operate a computer and communicate via the telephone.
Extras to Help you Stand Out - These are not required for you to be eligible to apply
* Prior work experience in retail, warehouse or customer service
* Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to interact with all levels of management, installation subcontractors and wholesale customers.
* Ability to speak more than one language: preferably Spanish
Primary Location:United States-Michigan-LIVONIA
USA MI Livonia Floorcovering 701390
12256 Hubbard Avenue
Sherwin-Williams is proud to be an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity, Inclusion and Diversity Supportive Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information, creed, marital status or any other consideration prohibited by law or by contract.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor requesting priority referral of protected veterans.