Beaumont Health Center, Royal Oak. Full time - Days
The Limited Licensed Psychologist conducts individual psychological and bariatric surgery evaluations, individual psychotherapy sessions, and communicates evaluation results and recommendations, under the supervision of a fully licensed Psychologist. This work is done as part of a multidisciplinary team within the Beaumont Weight Control Centers. Our psychology team also leads or co-leads curriculum-based support groups. This role involves direct and indirect patient care services, as well as assigned adjunctive psychological activities.
1. Provides psychotherapy for selected patients (may include group sessions, and/or parent training).
2. Formulates accurate behavioral assessment, and construct and implement effective treatment plans.
3. Develops positive therapeutic alliance with clients and families.
4. Utilizes evidence-based treatment modalities appropriate to the client's needs and presenting problems; completes all appropriate documentation to support billing and ethical guidelines.
5. Plans termination and makes appropriate aftercare recommendations.
6. Utilizes supervision and consultation effectively.
7. Refers and educates patients/families regarding community resources.
8. Conduct individual psychological evaluations and psychotherapy sessions.
9. Conduct behavioral group counseling sessions and support groups as needed for the center.
10. Communicates evaluation results to client.
11.Participates in staff conferences, formulates impressions and recommendations. Creates final summary reports.
12. Participates in staff meetings, interviews potential new hires, and helps solve general office concerns.
Education / Training: Master's degree in Clinical Psychology
Work Experience: Experience providing psychological patient care with adults and adolescence preferred.
Certification, Licensure, Registration: Limited licensure to practice psychology in Michigan - Required by law. Board certification in behavior analysis preferred but not required.
Other Qualifications: Knowledge of psychological treatment of obesity, and related psychological problems, such as anxiety and depressive disorders is preferred. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. This position requires a high degree of professionalism and commitment to patient care customer service excellence. The candidate should be a self-starter who functions well in a team environment and moderate levels of stress. Strong verbal communication and interpersonal skills and high competence with diagnostic assessment and differential diagnosis. Must be able to interact effectively with a patient population that often deals with sensitive subject matter and work well with a multidisciplinary team.
* Beaumont Health grants equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, religion, genetic information, marital status, height, weight, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected category.
Beaumont Health is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.