Who We Are
Great Lakes Bay Health Centers (GLBHC) is a community health center umbrella made up of 32 locations throughout the Great Lakes Bay region and beyond. Most locations are set up to serve medically underserved populations, but our doors are open to anyone regardless of insurance or lack of insurance. The services provided are sensitive to the community's needs, are not based on ability to pay, and are offered without regard to criteria such as race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity. Our federally qualified community health centers around Michigan offer a wide range of comprehensive, high-quality care to thousands of patients. Simply put, we change peoples’ lives!
The Driver is responsible for safely driving and maintaining the mobile medical units. Serves as a liaison between growers, agriculture workers/patients, and the Mobile Medical Program. Responsible for the job duties necessary to maintain patient scheduling and patient services. Participates in a team-based approach to medical care and participates in activities related to Quality Improvement.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Responsible for daily maintenance of the mobile medical units; including but not limited to, completing pre and post trip inspections, sustaining cleanliness/washing, fueling, and adequately maintaining power outlet source to unit. Prepares and stocks mobile units for daily outreach services. Maintains driving and maintenance logs.
- Ensures all mobile unit systems functional abilities are operable prior to rendering services. Assesses possible problems with mobile units and submits maintenance requests for repairs in timely manner.
- Safely transports mobile unit to and from assigned sites/destinations. Abides by all state traffic and motor vehicle laws. Follows all organizational driving policies and procedures.
- At arrival to sites, prepares mobile unit for operation by completing all assigned duties. At departure, prepares mobile unit to ensure safe transportation. Assembles/dissembles portable equipment.
- Establishes a rapport and maintains communication with patients, crew leaders, and farm administrators. Escorts patients to mobile unit as needed. Ensures patients are aware of wait time while waiting on mobile unit.
- Prepares daily workflow. Familiarizes self with camp/farm addresses and maps of counties we serve. Obtains consent slips for registration/social media use, keeps a steady and orderly flow of patients for providers.
- Enters pertinent information into electronic health record. Inputs patients into daily schedule. Communicates any applicable information to the Medical Health Coordinator and Assistants. Collects copayments as needed.
- Assists in determining daily scheduling needs by tracking the amount of medical procedures needed. Disburses thank you cards, surveys, and giveaways as needed.
- Transports patients to and from GLBHC facilities including: Dental, Optical, Radiology, Mammography and other resources offered at our sites.
- Attends daily huddles. Communicates all pertinent information.
- Education: High School graduate or equivalent.
Licensure: Valid Michigan Driver’s License. Chauffeur’s License. DOT Certified.
Experience: One year previous experience driving DOT Cert vehicle required.
- Skills: Ability to read and write legibly. Bilingual preferred. Organized and detailed. Efficient typing, computer, calculator skills. Courteous telephone etiquette. Protects patients’ rights by maintaining confidentiality of personal and financial information.
- Physical Effort: Medium - Able to left 30-40lbs
Great Lakes Bay Health Centers is an Equal Opportunity Employer! Our goal is to attract an inclusive team of employees, including but not limited to people of color, women, people with disabilities, military veterans, and members of the LGBTQ+ community.