*** Sign on Bonus $2500.00***
"Beaumont Rehab & Continuing Care in Dearborn and Farmington Hills were recently named by Newsweek as Best Nursing Homes 2022"
The LPN, under the ANA scope of practice utilizes the framework of the nursing process to provide not only professional but exceptional nursing care by incorporating patient-family centered care principles while upholding Beaumont mission and vision, code of ethics and other policies. He/she demonstrates leadership in the professional practice setting and is responsible for continuing personal education, mentoring peers and educating patients/residents and families. The clinical nurse effectively communicates to promote efficient operation of the unit and to contribute to positive patient/resident outcomes while maintaining a positive attitude, respect, responsiveness, courtesy and professional appearance.
1. Uses a systematic approach to collect both physiological and psychological data of the patient/resident.
2. Analyzes the assessment data using clinical judgment to determine appropriate nursing diagnoses.
3. Identifies measurable and achievable goals for each patient/resident using information discovered with assessment and diagnoses to develop a nursing plan of care.
4. Implements the plan and then continuously re-evaluates the patient/resident status and nursing care to make any necessary modifications to provide the most effective plan of care.
5. Communicates documentation in the patient/resident record in a timely, accurate and concise manner. Maintains competency in EMR.
6. Communicates to promote collegiality and to contribute to the professional development of peers and colleagues.
7. Collaborates with patient/resident, family and colleagues through effective communication to achieve positive patient/resident outcomes. Communicates patient/resident outcomes and changes to multidisciplinary team.
8. Assigns appropriate tasks to unlicensed staff. The nurse also provides follow-up ensuring that the tasks were completed correctly and in a timely fashion.
9. Demonstrates individual ownership and accountability but also is a great team player. Motivates fellow employees to exceed patient/resident care standards.
10. Participates in quality improvement initiatives and utilizes findings to improve nursing practice.
11. Administers and documents medication in accordance with established standards, making certain that the Medication Administration Record (MAR) is complete. Ensures that medications are administered in a two (2) hour time frame and that all patients/residents have received their appropriate medication.
12. Documents in the patient/resident record as appropriate including nursing interventions, nursing notes and all other pertinent problems patient/resident may be experiencing.
13. Makes rounds on the unit every 2 hours or more as needed and instructs CNA's on patient/resident care issues.
14. Stays up to date with current facility initiatives and incorporates evidence based practice into patient/resident care.
15. Provides support to peers, by sharing knowledge and teaching in a professional caring manner.
16. Provides patients/residents and families with appropriate education materials and information pertinent to the individual's needs.
17. Demonstrates leadership in the professional practice setting.
18. Integrate evidence based practice and research findings into practice.
This document represents the major duties, responsibilities, and authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. It should be understood, therefore, that incumbents may be asked to perform job-related duties beyond those explicitly described.
1. Supports the Mission, Value and Vision of Beaumont Health (BH). Demonstrates personal commitment through active involvement in the performance improvement process.
2. Exhibits excellent customer service skills and behaviors toward internal and external customers and co-workers. Promotes positive public relations with patients/residents, family members, guests, and others.
3. Supports and adheres to all Beaumont Health's customer service, service excellence, and performance standards. Supports and participates with all required compliance standards that may be department specific and/or identified by the organizations including in-service training, acceptable attendance, uniform and dress code.
4. Adheres to HIPAA requirements and maintains confidentiality of all data, including patient/resident, employee and operations information.
5. Supports and participates in a collaborative team-oriented environment - cooperates and works together with all co-workers, plans and completes job duties, uses appropriate communications in sensitive and emotional situations and follows up as appropriate regarding reported complaints, problems and concerns.
6. Supports, cooperates with and demonstrates safe work practices and attitudes, follows safety rules - including universal precautions - reports and prevents/corrects unsafe conditions and behaviors, and participates in organizational and departmental safety programs.
7. Completes all required compliance standards that may be department specific and/or identified by the organization.
8. Maintains current licensure, registration and/or certification, as applicable, at all times.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill... For full info follow application link.
Beaumont Health is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.