Now offering a $5,000 sign on bonus for this Full-Time, position!
Improve health, instill humanity and inspire hope. That's just the beginning of the difference you can make when you join our team of Registered Nurses at Beaumont.
As the largest not-for-profit health care system serving Michigan, we offer a world of opportunity within our expansive system. We have more nationally ranked hospitals than any other health system in the state, including six that are Magnet-recognized. In total, Beaumont has eight hospitals and 155 outpatient sites that provide diverse practice settings located in communities throughout southeastern Michigan and the greater Detroit metropolitan area.
Under direct general supervision of the registered nurse/provider and following hospital policy and procedure, provides nursing care to patients. Implements nursing care procedures, evaluates patient progress, and assists in modification of care plan as necessary. Provides teaching to patients and their families. While actual responsibilities and duties may vary depending upon the clinical area assigned, the following are typical of duties that would be performed, under the direction and supervision of the Registered Nurse or provider.
1. Assists with the assessment of nursing needs of patients and records observations on the nursing care plan.
2. Renders nursing care (i.e., administering medication, monitoring IVs, performing treatments, etc.) as delegated.
3. Provides for the psycho-social needs of the patient (i.e., anticipating fears, concerns, changes in lifestyle).
4. Performs a variety of complex treatments or nursing procedures such as changing dressings, cleansing or irrigating wounds and incisions, performing catheterizations, changing ostomies, etc.
5. Communicates problems to the Registered Nurse/provider as observed providing precise patient documentation on charting.
6. Assists the physician with examination and treatment, prepares the patient and passes instruments, equipment and supplies.
7. Provides trach care, suctioning and decubitus care when needed.
8. Ensures the optimum utilization of supplies and equipment.
9. As a team member, under supervision of the Registered Nurse/provider, serves as a resource for other members of the team (such as NA, NT, MA).
This document represents the major duties, responsibilities, and authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. It should be understood, therefore, that incumbents may be asked to perform job-related duties beyond those explicitly described.
1. Supports the Mission, Value and Vision of Beaumont Health (BH). Demonstrates personal commitment through active involvement in the performance improvement process.
2. Exhibits excellent customer service skills and behaviors toward internal and external customers and co-workers. Promotes positive public relations with patients/residents, family members, guests, and others.
3. Supports and adheres to all Beaumont Health's customer service, service excellence, and performance standards. Supports and participates with all required compliance standards that may be department specific and/or identified by the organizations including in-service training, acceptable attendance, uniform and dress code.
4. Adheres to HIPAA requirements and maintains confidentiality of all data, including patient/resident, employee and operations information.
5. Supports and participates in a collaborative team-oriented environment - cooperates and works together with all co-workers, plans and completes job duties, uses appropriate communications in sensitive and emotional situations and follows up as appropriate regarding reported complaints, problems and concerns.
6. Supports, cooperates with and demonstrates safe work practices and attitudes, follows safety rules - including universal precautions - reports and prevents/corrects unsafe conditions and behaviors, and participates in organizational and departmental safety programs.
7. Completes all required compliance standards that may be department specific and/or identified by the organization.
8. Maintains current licensure, registration and/or certification, as applicable, at all times.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
A. Education / Training:
* Successful completion of a Practical Nursing program from an approved school.
B. Work Experience:
* Three to six months acute care clinical experience in a hospital or physician practice within the past three years. Completion of pharmacology course work (NAPNES or minimum documented 32 hours).
C. Certification, Licensure, Registration:
* Active and unrestricted Licensed Practice Nurse license in the State of Michigan. Successful Healthcare Provider BLS course completion.
D. Other Qualifications:
* Requires interpersonal skills adequate to explain procedures and calm fears of patients and families, exchange patient information with physicians, nursing staff and other hospital staff. Requires the ability to gather and assess patient information from a variety of sources in a timely manner and provide nursing care accordingly.
A. Physical Effort:
* Walking, standing, heavy lifting and bending for most of shift. Use of... For full info follow application link.
Beaumont Health is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.