VSE Corporation is seeking a Desktop Publishing Specialist II for our facility located in Sterling Heights, MI to perform the following duties:
The Desktop Publishing Specialist must be dependable and thorough in their work; will collect and organize information required for the preparation of military technical reports, technical publications, and other technical documentation.
- Responsible for conferring with technical writers, technical illustrators, and logistic analysts in developing publications.
- Ensure all deliverable meet contract/customer requirements.
- Assign tracking sheets to publication and work packages and maintain all hard-copy and electronic files, especially the master copies.
- Knowledgeable of the publication processes, including maintaining hard-copies of the latest applicable military specifications and understanding their impact.
- Responsible for integrating text, art and tables into publications.
- Responsible for proofreading all materials produced to ensure material meets established standards for format and editorial content, prior to sending to the editor or quality control person.
- Provide input to develop and maintain project milestone schedules; and will prepare printing instructions for copy reproduction.
- May be assigned collateral duties in support of program(s).
JOB REQUIREMENTS *
- Must have High School Diploma or equivalent and (2) year's specialized experience.
- Must have excellent working knowledge of PC's to include working with Microsoft Office and Abode software products.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in Military/DoD environment.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. on a full time basis for any employer.
- Ability to read, write and speak English fluently.
- Must have working knowledge of military publications and specifications such as MIL-STD 40051-C, and MIL HDBK-1222C.
- Must have working knowledge of SGML and/or XML tagging, use of Arbortext Editor, Epic Editor, or like authoring software.
- Proficiency in publishing software and/or knowledge of interactive electronic technical manual (IETM) development a distinct advantage.
- Working experience with IADS and EMG-NG software are a must.
- The selected applicant will be subject to a background check and drug testing.
MENTAL REQUIREMENTS: Think Analytically, Effective Verbal Communication, Effective Written Communication, Make Decisions, Observe/Examine Details, Remember Details, Interpret Data, Discriminate Colors, Concentrate on Tasks, Handle Stress/Emotions.
PERFORMANCE REQUIREMENTS: Regular Attendance, Maintain Work Schedule, Attend Meetings, Meet Deadlines, Keyboard/Type, Stay Organized.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Stand, Sit, Walk, Talk, Hear, See, Repetitive Motion, Eye/Hand Coordination, Fine Manipulation.
ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS: Fumes/Mists, Noise