· The Safety/Training Manager oversees the development, implementation and review
of the organization’s safety and health programs ensuring compliance with the
Michigan Occupational Safety and Health Acts (MIOSHA) requirements. Also
oversees the development, implementation, and maintenance of the training
functions to ensure an adequately trained workforce.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
· Chairs the Safety Committee
· Performs the Michigan Worker’s Disability Compensation reporting
· Prepare and enforce policies to establish a culture of health and safety.
· Assist Managers and Supervisors in determining associate training needs.
· Develop annual safety training calendar and continuous improvement projects.
· Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
· Able to lead the Going Pro training with Michigan Works.
· No supervisory responsibilities required for this position.
· Requires adaptability/flexibility to work in all divisions of the plant.
COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
· Conduct training on health and safety matters and accident prevention.
· Evaluate practices, procedures, and facilities to assess risk and adherence to the law.
· Enforces equipment identification standards and assists in tagging equipment.
· Conduct effective induction and orientation sessions.
· Develops, reviews, publishes, and communicates health and safety policy and
procedures and technical programs including Covid-19 planning and safety,
Respiratory Protection, Hazard Commutation, Hearing Conservation, Hazard
Assessment for Personal Protective Equipment, Blood Borne Infectious Diseases, Permit-required Confined Space and Lock-out/Tag-out. · Issues, reviews, tracks, audit and maintains Hot Works Permits · Issues and tracks personal locks and lock boxes. · Maintains Safety Data Sheets for all required materials and chemicals. · Maintain a keen understanding of training trends, developments, and best practices. · Track and ensure completion of necessary projects/producers relative to accident investigation and observation. · Effective communication and leadership skills as well as demonstrated abilities to champion change and influence others at all levels of the organization are required
· Bachelor’s degree in occupational health and safety or in a related field
· Manufacturing 2 years (Preferred)
· Experience with MS Office
· Clear communication (oral and written) skills.
· Thorough knowledge of health and safety laws and guidelines
· One Location
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use
hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear.
· The employee is regularly required to sit.
· The employee is frequently required to walk.
· The employee is occasionally required to stand and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
· Steel toed and slip resistant boots/shoes when in production areas.
· Safety glasses will be supplied and are always required in the production area.
· Ear plugs required in ALL Production areas.