This position is for the Material Handler/Hi-Lo position. Must have Hi-Lo Skills, we will train for our facility and license the right candidate.
PROMPT to work and here every day
Good Work Ethic, be ready to work all day
Must have your own transportation!
Pay will go up with experience
Northern has been in business 40+ years and is a strong company we work as a team and promote from within. Some of our Supervisors started working here in High School. We are a supplier to GM, ZF, Magna, Etc.
We have a stamping, grinding, Media-Vibratory, Quality, and Shipping and Receiving in our main location and all positions are day shift.
Northern offers many benefits! See Below:
Northern Employee Benefits
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Health Benefits-85% Company Paid (also Dental and Vision available)
- Allstate and Aflac Voluntary Benefits-Accident, Critical Illness, Life Insurance, Disability Plans Available
- 401K Plan with a 6% Company Match
- Holiday Pay
- Vacation Pay Earned Over Time
- Osha Safety Shoes/Boots $75.00 Reimbursement-yearly
- Osha Safety Glasses includes prescription lenses-company paid yearly
- Attendance Bonus-quarterly
- Uniforms-Company Paid
- Winter Coat
- Northern T-Shirts (5) Yearly
- Northern Hoodies/Sweatshirts at Christmastime.
- College Tuition Reimbursement Plan
- Community Involvement Day this is a PAID day off to work for your favorite charity. (Once per year)
- Employee Appreciation Event
- Weekly Pay Period
- Quarterly Bright Idea Awards/Lunches (Suspended during COVID, still earn reward, just no company-wide lunch.)
- Hams to all at Christmas
- Turkeys to all at Thanksgiving
There may be others available!
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $13.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
To keep our employees safe we expect everyone to wear masks or shields, maintain social distancing, no lunchroom seating, but you can heat your food at one of 5 stations, we have Plastic barriers in place where social distancing is not possible. etc.
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Stable -- traditional, stable, strong processes
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
If you require alternative methods of application or screening, you must approach the employer directly to request this as Indeed is not responsible for the employer's application process.