SCOPE: Operations Managers are responsible for providing leadership and management of our contract and temporary security contracts in the assigned region. We are looking for an enthusiastic and energetic individual with experience in leadership or supervisory positions as well as great communication, organization, and relationship building skills. This role is perfect for someone who enjoys a flexible work schedule, some light traveling throughout the specified region, and someone who doesn't mind working out in the field. With the requirement of 16 billable hours per week, you'll be working as an Officer at any of our contract locations in your area. Some of our positions are armed, which is why we are requiring a Concealed Pistols License. This position will report directly to our VP of Operations; and will oversee Site Supervisors and Security Officers out in the field. Operations Managers are ultimately responsible for supporting and contributing to the company-wide business development initiatives and overall vision and goals of the Company.
1st Shift Monday-Friday
*Shift times may vary to fit business needs; MUST have flexible availability*
40+ hours/ week (Full-Time)
- Rate of Pay: $41,000 + Benefits
- Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, On & Off The Job Accident, Critical Illness, Hospital Indemnity, Identity Theft Protection, Paid Time Off, and 401K.
LOCATION: Detroit, MI
- Contract Management: Manage and provide leadership for Supervisors and Security Officers in ensuring that they are maintaining client relationships, treating employees with care and following all company policies.
- Oversee the relationships between client contact and assigned assistant operations manager.
- Ensure that each Supervisor is completing the required number of site visits.
- Ensure that the Supervisors are outfitting all employees in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Ensure that Supervisors are maintaining positive relationships with employees.
- Complete objective, performance based, written appraisals of subordinates based on published Post Order of Position Descriptions of subordinates within 14 days of their anniversary date. Ensure Supervisors are doing the same for their subordinates.
- Implement progressive disciplinary actions for subordinate violations of Company or Client Policy as necessary, in strict accordance with established company policy after consultation and direction for Human Resources. No employee will be suspended or discharged without consultation and input from the Human Resources department.
- Client Relations: Personally foster relationships with all client contacts and maintain consistent contact.
- Billable: Must work on average, 16 hours per week in a billable capacity.
- Employee Training: Maintain up to date training programs including general officer training and supervisor training. Conduct bi-annual to quarterly supervisor trainings/meetings. Organize and ensure appropriate employees are trained in CPR/ First Aid/ MFR, etc.
- Recruiting: Work in coordination with Human Resources to continue efforts to recruit and deploy the highest quality work force.
- Temporary Accounts: Oversee all temporary assignments in your designated region ensuring an MOU and post guidelines are written and that the necessary information is communicated to the assigned employees prior to deployment.
- Overtime Management: Ensure that the Uniform Security accounts maintain non-billable overtime below Company established threshold.
- Payroll: Ensure accurate and complete submission of all billing and payroll data division wide and within Company established timelines.
- Site Visits: Conduct site inspections for each assigned account. Each site visit shall be documented and reported in the prescribed format in a timely fashion.
- All Staff Meetings: Participate in scheduled staff meetings and be prepared to brief on assigned account “opportunities” and “challenges.”
- Site Equipment and Uniforms: Maintain an inventory of all DK owned equipment and employee uniforms used by subordinates by assigned account.
- Incident Reports: Review and approve all written reports of investigation generated by assigned personnel. Such review shall insure that the report accurately and concisely documents all incidents/accidents that occur on property owned, controlled of maintained by the client that have been submitted in the proper format within 48 hours.
- On-Call: Be available at all times to receive calls from subordinates with site questions while the officers are on duty and to handle scheduling issues (sick employees) and make necessary changes. The Operations Manager will be provided with a monthly telephone allowance to handle such off-hours matters. The Operations Manager is ultimately responsible for filling all shifts with the assistance of the Supervisors and DK Command Center.
- Business Development: Will be responsible for making tangible efforts to grow the business in the assigned region.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the appropriate authority within the scope of the position.
- Must be of good moral character, with no felony convictions or misdemeanor convictions for criminal or sexual conduct of related offenses, theft, assault, or crimes of moral turpitude, is required.
- Possessing a Bachelor’s Degree in Criminal Justice or Business Administrations from an accredited college or University is strongly preferred. Further, a concentration in Security Management is preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years’ prior experience as a security manager or above in government or corporate service is highly desirable.
- Must have (or be willing and able to quickly obtain) a Concealed Pistols License (CPL).
- Must have impeccable grooming.
- Must possess above average customer service skills.
- Must present a friendly, positive, professional image to clients, employees, supervisors, managers, and the general public.
- Must possess excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, ability to solve problems and de-escalate situations in a non-confrontational manner. These include the ability to read and write the English language and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating procedures, maintenance instructions and reports.
- Must possess the ability to perform basic mathematical calculations such as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division at a minimum.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)