As a 2021 Best and Brightest Companies to Work for in the Nation Winner, at Eenhoorn, we are committed to creating Awesome experiences for our team members and residents. At Eenhoorn, we say “We Do Awesome”, as it embodies our approach to how we manage our properties, how we want our residents to feel, and how we engage with one another. You get to be a part of creating Awesome by living our core values of Professionalism, Accountability, Honesty and Integrity, Self-Regulation, and Image.
As a Maintenance Technician for our property, 234 Market, located in Grand Rapids, MI, you will have the opportunity to positively impact our community and our residents by providing a safe, well-maintained and visibly appealing property. This position is responsible for ensuring the property, grounds and equipment are safe and orderly. A successful Maintenance Technician will be self-motivated, provide outstanding customer service, and will take immense pride in their work. The Maintenance Technician must act with a sense of urgency and have an unparalleled passion for service in order to display a commitment of excellence that interprets the Eenhoorn vision and brand.
What you’ll be doing:
- Performs various building and property maintenance tasks fulfilling preventative maintenance, service requests, grounds keeping, capital improvements, and turn-over maintenance as needed.
- Work with a sense of urgency to ensure all service requests are responded to in a timely manner; reports start, progress & completion of each task.
- Responsible for inventory management and overseeing the cleanliness and orderly manner of the maintenance shop.
- Diagnosing and performing maintenance and preventive maintenance tasks, including HVAC, plumbing, electrical, appliances, carpentry, drywall, painting, roofing, siding, doors/locks, glass/screen repairs, flooring, tile work, fencing.
- Assist with grounds upkeep, including snow removal.
- Ensuring the successful execution of all company safety and environmental policies and procedures.
- Delivering the highest level of resident satisfaction through responsive, consistent, positive and professional interactions.
- Working a rotating on call schedule to have 24/7 maintenance coverage.
- Other duties and tasks as assigned.
What you bring to the table:
- Innovation: You have a track record of not only resolving maintenance related issues, but also creating innovative solutions to better support the maintenance related activities and preventative maintenance at our properties.
- Execution: You drive quality results with speed. You are focused on creating a high standard of living for residents.
- Servant Leadership: You balance your drive for execution with a strong desire to serve others by actively listening to their needs, resolving issues and acting quickly.
Must have experiences:
- Clear and concise verbal and written communication skills.
- Previous plumbing, electrical, appliance, mechanical, drywall repairs, carpentry and pool/spa maintenance experience.
- High school diploma or related Vocational Training and/or equivalent work experience.
- Experience operating equipment & tools of the trade including but not limited to hand tools, power tools and riding equipment.
- Must have the ability to work a flexible schedule with paid on call hours.
Nice to have experiences:
- Experience with HVAC and/or EPA certification
- Previous hotel, commercial and/or apartment maintenance experience
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Bending and Twisting
- Repetitive use of hands
- Reaching above shoulder level
- Pushing and/or Pulling
Why you might love working here:
- Stability – We don’t buy and flip our properties every three years
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, and pet insurance
- 401(k) with a 25% match on the first 15% of contributions
- Up to 11-weeks of 100% paid short-term disability
- All expenses paid cruise for our four employees of the year and their significant others
- Challenging problems to solve and an awesome team to collaborate with every single day
- A corporate office that truly acts as a Support Center to the properties
What Makes Us Different
Although we are a company that is focused on real estate, we recognize that we can’t be great without our people. We are always seeking exceptional people who are looking for more than just a job. Since 1988, our innovative approaches have positioned Eenhoorn as an industry leader. Our comprehensive organizational structure and learning environment empower our team members to take ownership over their careers and make a true difference in our residents’ lives and experiences. Additionally, we are one of the only owner-managed property companies in the area and we think this is pretty awesome.
We want you to bring your authentic self to work every single day. We accept you for who you are and consider everyone on an equal opportunity basis without regard to age; appearance; color; gender identity and/or expression; family or parental status; marital, civil union, or domestic partnership status; disability; national, social or ethnic origin; past or present military service; sexual orientation; socioeconomic status; race; religion or belief.
Eenhoorn, LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.