Gordon Food Service is looking for an API Platform Engineer to design, secure, implement, deploy, and monitor APIs on the Apigee platform. You will automate the creation and deployment of APIs and work with development teams to help them create open API specifications that automated tools use. You will create critical or custom APIs by hand and add any complex business logic required.
The API Platform Engineer will need excellent communication skills and enjoy working with developers, business users, and managers. Both "doing" and "coaching" will be important for this role. The ideal candidate for this position will love designing and implementing APIs. You will have experience with the Apigee platform, experience with RESTful APIs, and a good understanding of OAuth2 and certificate-based security.
Use an enterprise deployment of API Platform to design, secure, implement, deploy, and monitor APIs (Google Apigee preferred).
- Develop and maintain tools that automate the creation and deployment of Apigee APIs based on Swagger or Open API specifications.
- Work with development teams and API Architect to create an API strategy appropriate for their needs.
- Support development teams by designing and developing APIs for enterprise shared flows, occasionally for the teams' needs and partner with the teams to create APIs on their own using the automation tools you maintain.
- Monitor performance of critical APIs in production and show development teams how to monitor the APIs that their applications interface.
- Always automate solutions.
- Write clear documentation for how custom APIs are designed and implemented.
- Maintain documentation on how to use automated tooling.
- Document implemented security controls.
- Learn. Research unfamiliar tools/technology/code, find new technology to improve the value of Apigee proxies in the organization.
- 5+ years experience in Information Technology
- Experience with design and development of REST APIs using API gateway products
- Experience with API Traffic Management
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or related field is required
- Apigee Certified (API Engineer Certification)
- At least 4 years for Drupal development. At least 2 years of Drupal 8 development.
- Drupal Backend Certification
- Ability to work with minimal direction
- Experience with APIs, Apigee, gateway security, REST, and SOAP
- Great communication skills and a desire to work with others
- Flexible with requirement changes
- Experience with DevOps workflows using tools like GitLab, Jenkins, and others
- Apigee, API Security, Container Security, AWS Cloud Security
- Testing Automation