Education, Training, and Experience:
- High School Graduate or equivalent required.
- Previous laundry experience in industrial or commercial setting beneficial
Specific skills, knowledge, and abilities:
- Must have knowledge of laundry machines and chemical cleaning solutions.
- Must be able to complete two loads of laundry per hour.
- Communicate effectively with elderly or disabled residents, other employees, and visitors.
- Dependable and work independently as well as under supervision.
Other Special Requirements:
- Tolerate frequent exposure to blood, body tissues, and bodily fluids with occasional exposure to hazardous materials and infectious diseases. As well as, frequent exposure to laundry chemicals. Frequent exposure to latex, and plastic materials used for personal protective equipment.