At SpartanNash, relationships matter, and our Corporate team takes that sentiment to heart in the way we work as one totally aligned team, support and respect each other and share the highest standards of excellence. We're always looking for the next great idea or a new way to approach a challenge, and we collaborate and innovate to achieve our goals.
Location:7610 Clyde Park Ave - Byron Center, Michigan 49315
Responsible to provide technical expertise in specialized area of application systems analysis and programming for moderately complex company information systems/programs.
- Formulate/define system scope and objectives for assigned projects. Devise or modify procedures to solve complex problems considering system capabilities and limitations, operating time and form of desired results.
- Maintain current knowledge of industry trends and best Information Technology practices; make recommendations to improve current programs and processes.
- Participate in assigned projects as the technical expert in area of specialization.
- Participate in the on-call support rotation.
- Prepare detailed specifications from which programs will be written. Responsible for program design, coding, testing, debugging and documentation.
- Provide feedback and leadership in design sessions, strategy guidance and problem resolution sessions.
- Responsible for project quality assurance review as assigned, and overseeing and monitoring the work of team members. Instruct and review the work of other systems analysis and programming personnel and provide leadership, on-the-job training and mentoring to other team members as necessary.
- Plan, lead and monitor activities for assigned project(s), which may be large, complex projects. May be responsible for project financial estimates and managing the project budget. Initiate continuous improvement and act as a cross-functional team leader.
Here's what you'll need:
- Bachelor's Level Degree - BS In Information Technology or related experience
- Five (5) years' experience
- Build reusable components and libraries, for front-end and back-end functions
- Translate high fidelity designs and wireframes into high quality code
- Rock solid understanding of state management using Redux
- Knowledge of functional programming
- Ability to write well-documented, clean code
- Experience with third-party dependencies and debugging dependency conflicts
- Understanding of REST APIs, the document request model, and offline storage
- Experience with automated testing suites like Jest
- React.js experience preferred
- CI/CD experience preferred
- Plan for and work flexibly to deadlines
- Identify options for potential solutions and assessing them for both technical and business suitability
- Proven source code tooling experience, bitbucket preferred (ability to feature branch, merge, pull, push)
- Work collaboratively with peers, performing code reviews and pull requests
- Experience working in an agile team
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate IT programming in a non-technical manner.
- Must have strong organizational, prioritization, analytical and problem- solving skills.
- Must be detail oriented and have strong project/time management and research skills.
- Ability to interact with management.
SpartanNash is a certified Military-Friendly employer. Veterans are encouraged to apply!
We are not able to sponsor work visas for this position.
SpartanNash is proud to take care of the people who take care of our business through our robust and competitive Total Rewards benefits package. Learn more .
SpartanNash is an Equal Opportunity Employer who celebrates diversity and believes employing a diverse workforce is key to our success. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all individuals.
Equal Opportunity Employer - minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.