Georgia-Pacific is currently hiring for a Production Supervisorat theMilan, MIcorrugated packaging plant. The ideal candidate will demonstrate safety as a value and lead a crew of 5-8 employees to exceed production expectations for the shift. The candidate must be self-driven and demonstrate a commitment to safety, manufacturing excellence, and quality.
Primary responsibilities will include providing leadership on the operating floor and striving for compliance in safety, health, environmental, and quality. Also responsible for coaching, training, and developing operations personnel in safety, quality, production, problem solving, and technical and interpersonal communication skills; addressing key issues and concerns; and interacting with employees from machine centers to ensure quality and on-time production.
This position is eligible for a $5,000 sign-on bonus!
Check out these videos/links to learn more about the Corrugated Business at Georgia-Pacific:
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Promoting a culture where safety becomes everyone's core value and ensuring employees are working in a safe manner andadhering to the safety guidelines
- Striving for compliance excellence in environmental, health, safety and quality and ensuring that best practices are being followed to minimize waste
- Provide coaching and training to further advance the crews; ability, quality and output performance
- Being able to address key issues and concerns with employee development
- Leading crew to attain and exceed production goals
- Ensuring that we produce a product that meets or exceeds our customers' expectations
- Planning, assigning and directing work for all hourly production employees
- Working with maintenance and crew to maintain and sustain overall equipment effectiveness
- Exemplify and advance thephilosophy
- Driving continuous improvement in the facility
- Effectively communicating to production, support and management
The Experience You Will BringRequirements:
- High school diploma or GED
- At least 2 years of experience in a supervisory or military leadership role
- At least 3 years of experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite such as Excel and Word
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience working in corrugated packaging, folding carton or containerboard industry
- Associates or Bachelor's degree in manufacturing or related field
- Lean Six Sigma training
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information:
Infor does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, marital status, age, veteran status, protected veterans, military service obligation, citizenship status, individuals with disabilities, or any other characteristic protected by law applicable to the state in which you work. If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at our company, please contact Human Resources at 470-548-7173 and/or ADAAA@infor.com.