Under the direction of the Operations Manager, the Engineering Manager will manage the engineering department and support production in the plant.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage Engineering, IT and Crib operations for the plant.
- Support plant safety programs by ensuring that engineering support is involved with the implementation into the manufacturing process.
- Manages the quoting and implementation of process design changes.
- Support VA/VE activities by ensuring that Manufacturing Engineering is represented at all trials, approvals and implementation dates are achieved.
- Works with management team on annual cost reduction plans and schedule for purchase burden, labor, VA/VE and equipment.
- Engages in safe practices as well as follows safety rules and job rotations.
- Manages hourly and salaried employees to support the plant in Engineering, IT and Crib.
- Responsible for capital equipment and engineering budget
- Direct support and involvement in Launch Management activities.
- Direct interaction with Operation Management, Product Engineering, Program Management and Leadership based outside the plant.
- Direct involvement on plant P&L, accountable for departmental budget and support actions to meet plant metrics.
- Complete all required and applicable training required by Adient and its customers
- Adhere to all Health, Safety and Environmental Standards
Education / Experience / Skills
- BSME or EE or related degree in an engineering discipline required. MBA preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years’ engineering experience in a high-volume manufacturing environment.
- Must have automotive industry experience.
- Minimum 5 years experience as an engineering manager.
- Must possess the skills to effectively engage both salary and hourly resources and be a solid, stable leader with good equipment and process troubleshooting skills.
- Solid background with automotive quality systems, including IATF16949, APQP including PPAP process. Functional knowledge of GD&T critical and expect fluency with CAD programs and product prints.
- Proficient in DFM, DFMEA, Control Plan, Process Flow and PFMEAs
Adient is a global leader in automotive seating. With approximately 75,000 employees in 33 countries, Adient operates 208 manufacturing/assembly plants worldwide. We produce and deliver automotive seating for all major OEMs. From complete seating systems to individual components, our expertise spans every step of the automotive seat-making process. Our integrated, in-house skills allow us to take our products from research and design to engineering and manufacturing — and into more than 20 million vehicles every year.