Operate the assigned Trumpf laser(s) and sheet steel handling equipment to meet or exceed scheduled production requirements, following structural blueprint or sketch specifications, complying with quality standards.
- Set up and operate laser, download Trumpf (CNC) Programming
- Operation of steel loading crane or forklift to safely move material as necessary to the laser work cell
- Safely use vacuum lift to transfer material to machine
- Troubleshoot equipment, including nozzle changes, tape shots, duty cycles, lens focus, feed rates, frequency, gas pressure, etc. to maximize production efficiencies
- Quality control assessments; producing quality parts within company/customer specifications, making adjustments as necessary, rejecting product outside of documented specifications.
- Accurately record production data such as: quality, labor reporting, manufacturing time, scrap, and downtime information
- Utilizing company supplied tools to perform job (squares, calipers, protractor)
- Competent in measuring parts, reading blueprints, and verifying dimensions with precise measuring tools in English and Metric.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment (No food, trash, scrap parts, etc.)
- Follows company policies, procedures, and safety standards at all times. (Gloves, glasses, sleeves, etc.)
- Must have dependable, reliable, on-time attendance.
- Ability to perform well in fast-paced environment with sense of urgency to meet scheduled daily goals.
- Perform maintenance and PM’s on laser.
- Identify/Improve areas in reducing scrap/waste, improving costs and lead times.
- All other duties as assigned by supervisor