Location: Greenville, MI
Reports to: Production Team Leader
Date: March 2021
The Paint Line Operator is responsible for loading and unloading aluminum wheels, using tools to sand burrs, mask wheels before painting, and assisting with packaging when needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Follows safety rules 100% of the time.
- Contributes to a safe work environment by following housekeeping guidelines.
- Maintains good attendance.
- Follows instructions and works to meet daily job assignments and KPI’s.
- Strictly follow the instructions during operations, as well as maintenance of the equipment
- Maintains a productive working environment through communication and teamwork.
- Performs other relevant work as assigned
- Learn and be able to sort wheels at the paint load area
- Identify defects according to quality standards
- Repair defect products with use of air tools
- Frequent and continuous lifting of wheels off/onto carts
- Learn and be able to identify wheels
- Frequent and continuous lifting of wheels off conveyors and onto skids
- Application of product labels and tags
- Stocking/stacking of dunnage and packaging
Skills and Experience
- High School Diploma or GED
- Six months experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to read and understand written documents
- 20/20 vision with the ability to differentiate color within the standard color spectrum will be helpful (not required)
- Work safely and follow rules and guidelines for safe work
- Reporting to work on time and with a positive attitude
- Responsible for staying focused on tasks at hand
- Being responsible for work performance and completing tasks throughout the day
- Maintains a good working relationship with co-workers
- Support a positive and steady workflow through the company
- Works with a sense of urgency when needed
- Support, coach or mentor co-workers when needed
- Positively support change throughout the company
Physical Work Conditions
- Must be able to work in a hot environment
- Must be able to lift and move aluminum wheels of varying weight
- Must be able to lift 50 – 65 pounds
- Must be able to stand and walk for up to 12 hours per day
- Must be able to wear personal protective equipment when required
*Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.