We have the great privilege of helping patients and families re-build their lives. It's extraordinarily meaningful work and the reason we greet the day with optimism and anticipation. When patients "Ask for Mary," they experience a culture that has been sculpted for more than a century. Our hallmark is to carefully listen to patients and innovatively serve them. This is true of every employee, from support staff and leadership, to clinicians and care providers.
Mary Free Bed is a not-for-profit, nationally accredited rehabilitation hospital serving thousands of children and adults each year through inpatient, outpatient, sub-acute rehabilitation, orthotics and prosthetics and home and community programs. With the most comprehensive rehabilitation services in Michigan and an exclusive focus on rehabilitation, Mary Free Bed physicians, nurses and therapists help our patients achieve outstanding clinical outcomes. The growing Mary Free Bed Network provides patients throughout the state with access to our unique standard of care.
Restoring hope and freedom through rehabilitation.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion:
Mary Free Bed values diversity and inclusion among patients, families and staff. We strive to hire people who reflect the communities we serve. Our employees will serve all patients, families and each other with dignity and respect.
The Patient Account Representative is knowledgeable of payer regulations, as it relates to his/her area of billing responsibility to ensure compliance with billing regulations. The Patient Account Representative will ensure accurate and timely submission and follow up on inpatient and outpatient claims.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Maintains patient confidentiality as it is described in the HIPAA Privacy Act.
- Submits timely, accurate and compliant claims by utilizing the billing software.
- Timely follow up on all unpaid claims until resolution.
- Resolves credit balance accounts.
- Ensures payments received match contracted rates.
- Identifies and reports any billing system or payer issues to the Patient Financial Services System Analyst or Manager, as appropriate.
- Identifies new or updated billing regulations and notifies the Patient Financial Services System Analyst and Manager.
- Assist patients with payment options by explaining and offering alternative funding options.
- Serve as liaison between the hospitals departments and patients with questions.
- Prepares and maintains essential billing information in Microsoft Excel for cost reporting requirements.
- Assists in identifying additional educational opportunities for training of registration staff with billing regulations/requirements.
Other Job Responsibilities:
- Responsible for verification of inpatient admissions, along with notification to the patient/guarantor of provider participation and benefits.
Essential Job Qualifications (Knowledge, Education, and Training Requirements):
- High school education or equivalent; associates degree preferred.
- Three to five years experience rehabilitation hospital medical billing.
- Knowledge of third party billing regulations.
- Proficient time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to problem-solve and work effectively as a team member.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Physical Demands: Able to exert up to 10 pounds of force occasionally (up to 1/3 of the time); to lift, carry, push, pull, up to 10 pounds occasionally; to sit for the majority of the time, but may involve brief periods of time involving walking or standing; to use keyboard frequently (1/3 to 2/3 of the time).
Mary Free Bed is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or other legally protected characteristic.