Versiti was founded with the belief that together, our blood centers can better serve patients' urgent need for life-saving healthcare. We love what we do, and we're looking for passionate individuals to join the Versiti family. We foster a diverse environment that affirms each employee's dignity and worth, and we offer a chance to work with a team of compassionate people who provide lifesaving blood to our communities on a daily basis.
Watch to learn more about the position at.
What you can expect in this position:
Accountable for the on-time delivery of own work and that of others. Responsible direct coaching and oversight of staff assigned for the day. Responsible for quality assurance of team deliverables. Subject matter expert in phlebotomy, collecting blood products and compliance requirements. Consistently strives to enhance existing services and influence resulting action plans. Ensures a customer focused approach is implemented and systematically analyzes customer information. Understands wider organizational goals and works in partnership with colleagues and other departments to achieve common goals. Fosters a collaborative/teamworking spirit, monitors progress of team against objectives, and actively helps and supports others to achieve team goals. Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of situations or data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Proactively solves problems to affect change and make informed decisions.
What you will do:
- Understands and performs to all applicable regulatory and compliance requirements.
- Demonstrates Core Values: Do Right Always, Find a Better Way, Make Results Happen and Strengthen the Team.
- Leads donor collection team, redirects issues and problems that arise from Donor Specialists; provide feedback and follow through with team members and supervisors.
- Treats donors with customer service excellence and adds value to the donation experience through professional relationship building.
- Establishes and builds relationships with donors and sponsors.
- Ensures customer issues with a potential negative impact are resolved and the supervisor or manager is informed.
- Influences future blood drives with consistent conversion rates, rebooking, sponsor leadership and service recovery.
- Trains and mentors team members in all aspects of the role.
- Prepares collection site & performs set up (including technology systems and quality control), troubleshoots and adjusts accordingly; prepares and plans for future site visits.
- Performs donor screening (collects donor histories) and mini-physical.
- Performs phlebotomy, including automation (Alyx and/or Trima).
- Prepares and packs units for transport.
- Observes donors for reactions, manages automation reactions; manages donor needs, de-escalates situations, prevents reactions and mitigates situations.
- Rebooks donors for future donation appointments and facilitates rebooking process.
- Transports or carpools staff.
- May transport supplies and equipment.
- With a valid CLD, may operate mobile drive buses. Following all DOT guidelines, safely transports staff, supplies and equipment and arrives at site on time.
- Leads drive set-up.
- Creates a safe environment for donors and fellow staff members and maintains safety awareness of team.
- Responsible for achieving team automation goal including recruiting and converting donors for automation.
- Operates, troubleshoots, and performs routine maintenance on equipment.
- Maintains product integrity and ensures proper identification of all donors.
- Maintains organization of departmental records, as needed.
- May participate in validation of new processes or new equipment.
- Reviews daily work for accuracy and recognizes and investigates the reason for potential discrepancies and unexpected results, resolving where appropriate.
- Reviews quality results and escalates issues and concerns.
- Performs root cause analysis, review, and reporting with leadership.
- Uses SOS to troubleshoot.
- Other duties, as assigned.
When you will work?
- To serve our community, you will work a variable schedule including early mornings, late days/evenings, weekends and holidays
- The good news!!! Staff schedules are posted two to three weeks in advance!
What's in it for you?
- Complete insurance coverage - medical, dental, vision, life
- 401(k) with company match
- Generous paid time off
- Wellness program
We are Blood Health Innovators who enhance lives through discovery, diagnosis, and treatment.
We will expand the frontiers of patient health through the integration of science, medicine, and service.
What you will need:
Skills and Knowledge
- High school diploma or GED
- 3 or more years phlebotomy experience preferred or a combination of a health care degree, certification, and/or 3 or more years relevant experience.
- Typically requires a minimum of 5 years of job-related experience.
- Demonstration of effective problems solving and good judgement in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
Skills and Knowledge
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as Standard Operating Procedures, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and other department manuals.
- Must have basic mathematical aptitude.
- Ability to apply judgment to written or oral instructions.
- Ability to organize work to provide productive work flow.
- Flexibility to work independently and with a team.
- Has strong attention to detail.
- Must have good communication skills, including the ability to provide constructive criticism to peers.
- Possesses legible hand writing.
- Ability to learn/utilize computer applications such as Ceridian, Hemasphere, Oracle, and HemaTerra.
Tools and Technology
Tools and Technology
- Personal Computer (desk top, lap top, tablet).
- General office equipment (computer, printer, fax, copy machine).
- Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Screening equipment including:
- Sphygmomanometer (BP cuff)
- Temperature probe
- Hemoglobin analyzer
- Phlebotomy collection equipment including:
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
- Physical demands:Daily tasks include a mixture of standing, sitting, and walking. Hand-eye coordination withsignificant manual dexterity and frequent repetitive hand motions.Reaching above the head and lifting up to 40-pound items occurs occasionally.Visual and hearing acuity to perform essential responsibilities.Looking at computer screens or small items is common.
- Mental demands: Requires ability to maintain a routine of intense concentration for long periods, as well as excellent cognitive, analytical, and memory ability.
- Environmental hazards: Frequent work with biohazardous material is completed in a donor center or mobile environment wearing appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and followinginternal policies, training, and OSHA standards.Moderate level of noise is present in the collection areas. Employee is frequently exposed to the public. Exposure to various temperatures will occur.
The hiring process will consist of a phone and in-person interview, background checks and drug test screening. Please apply if you are willing to participate in this process.
Equal Opportunity Employer. This company will provide equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
The description of this position reflects the current assignment of essential functions and is not meant to be all-inclusive or in any way construed as an employment contract. Duties and responsibilities may be assigned or reassigned to this position at any time and may be modified to reasonably accommodate an individual with a disability or for other reasons solely at management's discretion