The National Sales Manager is responsible for all aspects of the relationship management for current and targeted Independent Field Representatives, Rep Principles and Rep Groups, focusing on specialty retailers. This individual will help onboard, train, and coach Representatives on individual product lines to achieve the annual sales targets. This includes the assigned specific markets as well as the prospecting and development of new markets.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create and implement sales goals with supporting plan to meet or exceed corporate sales objectives.
- Establish deep, meaningful relationships with independent reps, rep groups and retailers seeking to maximize opportunities with key decision makers at partner accounts.
- Lead, mentor and hold accountable Independent Field Representatives, Rep Principals, and Rep Groups, ensuring they are focused on setting account-level sales goals and taking the steps necessary to meet those goals.
- Initiate, with approval, the creation of marketing programs, promotions, and advertising projects (showrooms). Determine qualifications and benefits, provide updates to the sales team, and spiff payout information.
- Communicate and conduct primary market research to identify emerging trends, changes in consumer purchasing, and competitive threats. Make recommendations to senior management in order to grow market share, improve customer experience and drive growth.
- Analyzing sales to identify opportunities by using good judgment and generating and evaluating alternatives, developing and implementing effective solutions.
- Maintains and refines database or list of prospective customers for use as sales leads, based on information from business directories, show leads, advertising leads, and other sources.
- Work with internal teams to share forecast projections, ensure adequate stock of that merchandise, buying trends, large orders, and new account demands.
- Represent the company at trade shows to gain new business and foster relationships with existing business. This includes assisting in the planning of showroom layout and displays, negotiating showroom space and expenses, and working with the Sales Reps and their customers to improve product knowledge and sales skills.
- Manages specific Key Accounts for the Independent Sales team.
- Manage the recruitment, negotiation, onboarding, and development of Independent Field Representatives and / or Rep groups for assigned territory.
- Outline a comprehensive training program, conduct ongoing individual and group training calls as well as monthly business reviews with Independent Field Representative, Rep Principals and Rep Groups.
- Lead, plan, and help execute the National Sales Conference.
- Maintain extensive knowledge of product assortment and key items.
- Participate in the catalog proofing process.
- Assists with the sampling process which involves selecting items to be sampled to the Reps and the showrooms, determine the timing of sample delivery, and write/review sales materials that will be paired with samples.
- All other duties as assigned by direct Supervisor.
Convivial Brands Expectations of all Employees:
- Adheres to all Convivial Brands Policies and Procedures.
- Always conducts self in a manner consistent with Convivial Brands’ Core Values.
- Maintains a positive and respectful attitude with all contacts.
- Consistently reports to work on time and prepared to perform the duties of the position.
- Meets productivity standards and performs duties as workload necessitates.
- Maintains the privacy of all company proprietary information.
- Treat visitors, vendors, customers, and team members with respect and dignity.
- Able to safely perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Directly lead, supervise, and develop team members of the sales team.
- Flexible to work days, nights, weekends and holidays to meet the needs of the business