******Hourly Pay: $16.33-$17.47******
******Free Benefits for Full-time Employees******
******Free Shift Meals******
Ensure the safety and security of Guests, Team Members, and Casino assets. Perform responsibilities in accordance with all Casino standards, policies, and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Enforces Casino security policies and procedures.
- Provide basic level emergency medical care to Team Members and Guests.
- Responsible for practicing, supporting, and promoting Gun Lake Casino’s “Unsurpassed Service” standards at all times.
- Respond to and assist in all emergencies including, but not limited to fires, medical emergencies, and criminal activity.
- Patrol and observe all public areas, Team Member service areas, and Casino grounds for the safety of Guest and Team Members.
- Respond to all disturbances in order to diffuse an incident, preferably without the use of physical force. Be prepared to become involved in a physical altercation if necessary. Always remain alert and calm.
- Observe, report, and take action as directed by the Supervisor with respect to all suspicious, unusual situations.
- Attend and participate in scheduled EMT meetings.
- Transport and protect Company funds.
- Document all incidents as directed by the immediate Supervisor.
- Escort Guests and Team Members to and from their vehicles when requested.
- Jumpstart Guests’ and Team Members’ vehicles when needed.
- Have working knowledge of and enforce all applicable laws, policies, and procedures related to and of the Casino.
- Maintain a high level of personal integrity on duty and off duty.
- Become familiar with other specific duties such as Dispatcher and Bike Patrol Officer.
- Practice teamwork, support fellow Team Members, and create an energized, positive work atmosphere.
- Maintain excellent grooming and uniform standards. Overall appearance, including uniform, is to be immaculate and name tags are to be worn at all times.
- Interact with Guests in a friendly and courteous manner.
- Maintain daily vehicle log and time checks as required.
- Must have a working knowledge of the MSDS book and its location(s).
- Responsible for maintaining the inventory of Emergency Medical Bags and AED’s.
- Must successfully complete all required annual WebFire training.
- Must hold a current State of Michigan Emergency Medical Technician License or National Registry Certification; one year of ‘hands-on’ EMT experience preferred.
- Must maintain EMT continuing education credits as required by the State of Michigan. Cost is Team Member’s responsibility unless determined otherwise by Security Director.
- Ability to communicate effectively in the English language with Guests, Team Members, and Management in both written and verbal form. Must have excellent interpersonal skills and be able to work in a team-oriented setting.
- Must be computer literate.
- Must be able to document incidents via computer-generated reports.
- Must be detail-oriented.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Possess a Gaming License and have a valid State of Michigan issued driver’s license.
- Alcohol Awareness and TIPS certifications to be obtained before or during the first six months of employment.
- Must not have been convicted of any crime for which registration is required pursuant to NRS 207.090 and NRS 207.152.
- Requires normal, corrective vision range, the ability to see color, and the ability to distinguish letters, numbers, and symbols.
- Manual dexterity to operate job-related equipment.
- Ability to subdue person(s), ability to run, climb stairs, sit, stand, and walk for the duration of shift. Ability to drag an unconscious person during an evacuation.
- Excellent sense of smell and hearing and the ability to properly communicate using a two-way radio or telephone.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds without assistance. Must demonstrate proper lifting technique.
- Ability to stand, sit or walk for long periods of time, up to the duration of the shift.
Work is typically in an area that may be unusually warm, cold, and/or noisy and may contain second-hand smoke. Work may be performed in small areas with a 3 ft. wide access. Tasks performed from a non-sitting position. Team Members will be required to stand, walk, lift, reach, push, pull and grasp. These tasks include the maintenance and care of the assigned area. Work may entail trained chemical usage. There will be continuous contact with fellow Team Members and Guests.
Disclaimer and Conditions of Employment:
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by persons assigned to this job. These statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process. The pre-employment process also requires the ability to pass a criminal background investigation, and drug/alcohol test.
The Match-E-Be-Nash-She-Wish Band of Pottawatomi Indians abides by Native American preference in its hiring and employment policies.
*Gun Lake Tribal Gaming Authority reserves the right to make changes to the above job description as necessary.