FULL-TIME TEAM MEMBERS ARE ELIGIBLE FOR THE
• Paid Time Off
• Paid Holidays
• Paid Break Periods
• FREE Shift Meals
• FREE Uniforms
• Numerous training opportunities
• We empower our Team Members for career
advancement opportunities with education & training.
• Opportunities to give back to the community
through volunteering and philanthropic events.
• Be part of a company culture like nothing you’ve ever
experienced. When you’re here, you are family.
INSURANCE BENEFITS, INCLUDING:
• FREE Medical with Teledoc
• FREE Dental and Vision
• FREE Long-term Disability
• FREE Basic Life Insurance
YOU CAN ALSO OPT INTO MORE BENEFITS, LIKE:
• Short-term disability
• Additional life and health insurance for you, your
spouse and your children
• Critical illness
• Hospitalization insurance
• 401k plan including pre-tax and post-tax deferral
• Company match 401k
• Flexible spending account for medical
reimbursement and dependent care
The Cage Cashier is responsible for providing unsurpassed service to both external and internal guests while safeguarding the assets of Gun Lake Casino. The Cage Cashier performs exchanges of cash and cash equivalents including but not limited to cheque redemption, check cashing, EZ-Pay ticket redemption, Outlet Bank issuing/receiving and credit card advances. The Cage Cashier is responsible for logging specific transactions as set forth by Title 31 regulations. The Cage Cashier performs all duties and responsibilities in accordance with Gun Lake Casino standards, policies, and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Safeguard the assets of Gun Lake Casino.
Follow all procedures and policies to ensure that cash handling is performed within accepted standards established by Casino Management, Accounting, and regulatory requirements.
Attend to external and internal guest needs and ensure overall guest satisfaction.
Issue credit to guests in accordance with the established Gun Lake Casino credit policy.
Responsible for the final balancing of funds and assets assigned during a shift.
Responsible for ensuring that all tasks are completed as required as determined by the Cage stations assigned during a shift.
Accurately record transactions related to Title 31 compliance.
Responsible for practicing, supporting, and promoting Gun Lake Casino’s “Unsurpassed Service” standards at all times.
Other job-related duties as assigned by the Cage Manager, Cage Shift Manager, and/or Assistant Shift Supervisor.
- Minimum of three (3) plus years of experience handling currency and currency equivalents in a banking and/or retail environment.
- Prefer a minimum of three (3) plus years providing guest service.
- Ability to communicate effectively with guests, team members, and management in both written and oral form within the required standards and tasks involved in providing “Unsurpassed Service”.
- Ability to gain a basic understanding of gaming and regulatory requirements, including but not limited to Title 31 compliance and reporting.
- Ability to learn to use all Cage-related equipment such as coin sorters, currency counters, and personal computers.
- Ability to work varied schedules including weekends, nights, and holidays as business demands.
- Prefer a minimum of one (1) year of experience using basic computer skills in a workplace environment and be able to successfully pass a computer skills test with a score of 90%. Microsoft Excel experience preferred.
- Thorough math and reading skills. Must pass a math and reading comprehension test with 90%.
- Must be a least twenty-one (21) years of age.
- Must be able to obtain Tribal Licensing from Gun Lake Tribal Gaming Commission.
- Requires normal, corrective vision range, the ability to see color, and the ability to distinguish letters, numbers, and symbols. Ability to deal with moderate levels of stress.
- Ability to lift boxes or bags of coins weighing up to twenty-five (25) pounds.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time up to three (3) hours in length.
Work is typically in an area that may be unusually warm, cold, and/or noisy and may contain second-hand smoke. Work may be performed in small areas with a 3 ft. wide access. Tasks performed from a non-sitting position. Team Members will be required to stand, walk, lift, reach, push, pull and grasp. These tasks include the maintenance and care of the assigned area. Work may entail trained chemical usage. There will be continuous contact with fellow Team Members and Guests.
Disclaimer and Conditions of Employment:
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by persons assigned to this job. These statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process. The pre-employment process also requires the ability to pass a criminal background investigation, and drug/alcohol test.
The Match-E-Be-Nash-She-Wish Band of Pottawatomi Indians abides by Native American preference in its hiring and employment policies.
Gun Lake Tribal Gaming Authority reserves the right to make changes to the above job description as necessary.