*****Nightly Cash Tips******
******Free Benefits for Full Time employees******
Serve food and beverages to Guests and Beverage Servers in an “Unsurpassed Service” manner; maintain a clean, attractive environment in accordance with all Company standards, policies, and procedures. Initiate and engage in positive Guest interactions in a professional and courteous manner.
High School Diploma or GED preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Must be 21+ years of age.
- Must manage time effectively with minimum supervision.
- Ability to communicate effectively with Guests, Team Members, and management in both written and verbal form.
- Ability to demonstrate sound judgment and mature decision making.
- Must have the ability to obtain a gaming license for the jurisdiction in which the property is located.
- Must be able to handle a flexible schedule.
- Follow proper transaction settlement procedures, i.e. order drink from the Bartender, pay for the drink after it has been made, receive a receipt back from the Bartender and offer the receipt to the guest.
- Must maintain accurate cash handling and blind drop procedure when using a cash bank in accordance with department policies.
- Have complete knowledge of all cocktails, wines, and beers served by Gun Lake Casino, as well as proper glassware, pricing, and garnishes.
- Serve alcohol responsibly in accordance with Alcohol Awareness training.
- Must hold a TIPS alcohol training certification card.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for practicing, supporting, and promoting Gun Lake Casino’s Unsurpassed Service Standards at all times.
- Inform immediate supervisor of any product shortages and equipment needs.
- Practice and observe safety rules and regulations and encourage others to do so. Comply with Board of Health Standards.
- Webfire training, know how to properly lift heavy items, push/pulling items, being cautious of surroundings at all times for the safety of yourself, others, and the property.
- Maintain “Look your Best” personal grooming and uniform standards.
- Know where the SDS booklet is located for your area.
- Must have knowledge of casino safety procedures and emergency evacuation procedures for the Guests and Team Members.
- Inform manager on duty of any Team Member or Guest opportunities.
- Be familiar with cocktails and prices in order to fill any request for service. Must carry the receipt for every Guest and offer it when collecting cash for payment.
- Complete assigned side-work and any additional task assigned.
- Continuously observe and anticipate Guests’ wants and needs in order to fill any Guest opportunities.
- Maintain a minimum 15 minute round time for the entire section; this also includes a covered section where a Team Member is on break.
- Maintain a clean and well-stocked service station including but not limited to all glassware, condiments, coffee, and dry goods.
- Must be able to prepare and pour drinks in a timely manner. Must pass Company testing and standards as it relates to free pouring, using a jigger and gun. Must have detailed knowledge and understanding of comp pours and portion size standards. Must be able to operate all soda, juice, and liquor guns.
- Must retrieve glassware, including but not limited to beverage glasses, bottles, and ashtrays from the Casino and other assigned areas.
- Must carry a minimum of 3 bottles of water and 3 different soda choices to better service our Guests for each round. (Unless a full tray of drinks ordered exists)
- Requires normal, corrective vision range, the ability to see color, and the ability to distinguish letters, numbers, and symbols.
- Must be able to lift up to 20 pounds of product.
- Requires manual dexterity to operate job-related equipment.
- Requires actively walking entire shift carrying 20 pounds in a standard heeled dress shoe.
Work is typically in an area, which may be unusually hot, cold, noisy, and may contain second-hand smoke. Work may be performed in small areas with a 3 ft. wide access. Tasks performed from a sitting or non-sitting position. Performance of job duties will require standing, walking, lifting, reaching, pushing, pulling, and grasping. These tasks include the maintenance and care of the assigned area. Work may entail trained chemical usage. Constant contact with fellow Team Members and Guests.
DISCLAIMER AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by persons assigned to this job. These statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process. The pre-employment process also requires the ability to pass a criminal background investigation, and drug/alcohol test.
The Match-E-Be-Nash-She-Wish Band of Pottawatomi Indians abides by Native American preference in its hiring and employment policies.
Gun Lake Tribal Gaming Authority reserves the right to make changes to the above job description as necessary.