Reports to: Branch Manager
Position Overview: The primary purpose of this position is to assist Members First Credit Union to deliver on its Mission: To encourage a better tomorrow. To achieve this mission the position must deliver on our brand promise: We believe in you. Our promise is to be trustworthy, caring, and enthusiastic to help you succeed. You will do this by living out our core values in every service contact to both internal and external members.
- We deliver excellence through knowledge.
- We can be depended upon to do the right thing.
- We believe in exceeding expectations.
- We are committed to encouragement and the power of positivity.
- We respect all people, without judgment.
- We give the best of ourselves when we join together.
- We are hardworking, passionate people.
- We encourage maximizing happiness and fun.
- We thrive by finding new ways to help.
- Answer questions effectively and provide information as requested
- Review loan applications from members to determine feasibility of approving loan requests.
- Calculate debt ratios on applicants
- Create opportunities for expanded member relationships by determining member needs for additional products and services
- Approve loan requests for members who meet loan qualifications, or refer applications to the appropriate level as per the loan policy
- Deny the loan application and prepare an adverse action letter as required by law for loan requests that do not fall within current lending guidelines
- Prepare all documents pertaining to the loan
- Secure all documents and signatures to perfect any liens or notes and security agreements
- Obtain proof of income from the member(s) when there is no current substantiation of income in file
- Obtain proof of insurance on collateral, when applicable
Lending Solution Expectation/Guidelines:
- Quote total payment; including Protection Solutions package
- Educate members on Protection Solutions package options
General Sales Expectation Guidelines and Duties:
- Successfully use effective Sales Champion skills and behaviors
- Build relationships with current and new members. Offer products and services that will help to fulfill their financial needs.
- Oversee the onboarding process that continues to build relationship with new members.
- Ensure members are being fully served
- Attend educational functions as required.
- Must have a good knowledge of all State and Federal laws governing the loan process.
- Must have a good working knowledge of all credit union services.
- Other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- Strive to exceed credit union, department, and personal goals
- Understand deadlines and meet timelines that are set.
- Excellent typing and computer skills, including in-house email and core system, Word and Excel
- Team oriented
- Excellent listening, oral and written communication skills.
- Highly organized
- High reasoning ability
- Produce accurate work results
- Maintain a high level of knowledge of credit union philosophy, products/services, policies and procedures.
- Maintain good knowledge of all State and Federal laws governing credit union operations (BSA, Patriot Act, Regulation CC, Regulation E, Truth in Savings, Truth in Lending, etc.)
- Implement new procedures efficiently and effectively.
- Minimum high school graduate or equivalent.
- Minimum of one-year experience with a financial institution
- A working knowledge of loan processing and credit analysis
- Ability to operate a 10 key calculator and typewriter
- Experience operating a personal computer.